Class Booking FAQ
Members of Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing gyms can book fitness classes online, 24/7. It's a simple process, but you may have some questions, which we've tried to answer below.
To book a class - navigate to your gym, and click the 'Book and View Classes' link at the top of the page. Find your gym >
1. How do I gain access to the online class bookings service?
If you are an existing member or new joiner you will receive a welcome email with a login and a link. The link will take you to the bookings page where you can book classes at your home gym, and those within your multi-access usage policy, using the login provided. If you have not received your welcome email, please check your junk mail otherwise contact customer support/your gym.
2. Who can book classes online?
All our members over 16 years of age with a current or future gym membership have access to the online booking service.
3. How do I book a class?
You can book classes in three ways:
- The easiest way is to book online.
- By Phone – you can call your local club and reception can make the booking on your behalf, please bear in mind that at busy times this may take longer than usual
- In Club – visit reception who can get you booked in. We actively encourage members to set their account up and use the online system for their classes.
4. What if people book into a class but then don’t show up?
If you happen to book a class and are unable to attend, you can cancel your booking online providing you do so 30 minutes before the class starts. If you need to cancel outside this time, please contact your gym directly and one of our friendly staff members will be happy to assist.
We monitor class attendance and where members book and consistently fail to attend, we will contact the member directly. Persistent members may have their booking abilities suspended for a period of time. Please refer to our Class Booking Etiquette guide >
5. How do I cancel a class booking?
You can cancel your booking through the email confirmation. You can also login and manage your booking online via 'My Account', simply select ‘details +’ on the class you wish to cancel and click on the cancel button. You will receive a confirmation email that your class has been cancelled.
Please ensure you cancel your place if you are unable to attend as this will allow other members the ability to book.
If you need to cancel less than 30 mins before please call the club.
Please refer to our Class Booking Etiquette guide >
6. Can I book classes at other clubs?
Your access rights depend on your type of membership. Our clubs are organised into tiers and these determine which clubs you have access to across the network.
7. Can I book classes for my friend?
You can only book yourself onto classes. You cannot book on behalf of someone else.
8. I'm in debt/freeze. Will I be able to book?
If your account payment is not up to date, then your card will be blocked and you will be unable to book classes or enter the gym. Please contact your gym if you would like to book but are on freeze/in debt.
9. How does the waiting list work?
If a class that you would like to attend is fully booked, you will be offered the option to join the waiting list online. If you join the waiting list, you will receive an email to confirm that you are on the waiting list in a ‘first come first served’ queue.
If a place becomes available, then the member at the top of the waiting list will be automatically booked onto the class. An email will be sent advising that this booking has been made. If further places become available in the waiting list then the next member in the queue will be automatically booked in, in the same way as the first. If you are unable to attend please cancel yourself out of the class in the normal way.
10. How will I know if a class is cancelled?
If your class is cancelled you will receive an email informing you that the class will no longer be taking place. Reasons for cancellations may include a lack of members in a class or lack of available trainers.
11. How will I receive confirmation informing me that I am booked in?
Once you have booked into a class you will receive a confirmation email which, will also include the details of the booked class.
12. What happens if the system fails/goes down?
If the site is down, please call the Contact Centre on (0300 123 5084) or visit your member gym and one of our friendly staff member will be happy to assist.
13. I'm an off-peak member, what are the rules for me?
If you are an off-peak member, you may only attend off-peak classes. You will need to check with your member gym to confirm which, classes are available during off-peak hours.
14. Can guests book classes?
If you are a guest at a gym either because you are using a free day pass you will need to head to reception and they will be able to do this for you.
15. Do I have to book my classes online?
You can continue to book classes at reception, however, we encourage you to use the online booking function as it is available 24/7.
16. Can I book/cancel a class via the reception desk at my gym?
Yes, you can book and/or cancel a class at reception. Alternatively, you can book via the online booking system which is available 24/7.
17. How will the gym know I have attended – is the wristband system still going to be used?
Swiping your membership card upon entering the gym will confirm your class attendance. Wristbands will no longer be issued.
18. How do I inform the club of any medical conditions they should be aware of before I attend a class?
Please ensure you inform the class instructor of any medical conditions before the class begins by contacting your gym directly.
19. I'm having trouble setting up an account, what do I do?
If you cannot access your account, please refer to our Account FAQ.
20. How do you process my personal information?