Latest information: COVID-19 (coronavirus)We have made this hospital available to NHS trusts to support patients with the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, cancer and other urgent health conditions. For more information please read our FAQs here.
We are open for new referrals and are offering remote consultations to our patients. We are working with the NHS to determine the most clinically appropriate diagnostic tests or procedures to carry out at this time and will only be offering face-to-face appointments for patients meeting these criteria. If you have any queries about an upcoming procedure contact us here.
Visitor restrictionsWith immediate effect no friends or relatives are able to accompany the patient beyond our main Reception area. The only exceptions are:
- Paediatrics - one parent/guardian only. Strictly no siblings.
- Patients at the end of life - in the difficult and upsetting circumstances where patients may be at the end of their life, the nurse in charge will enable up to one visitor per patient to spend time with their loved one.
- Advocates / visitors who are required to make decisions on behalf of patients who do not have the capacity to make decisions for themselves
Private Hospital Group of the Year winners at the Health Investor Awards.
Welcome to Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford located in Headington, to the east of Oxford City Centre. Our hospital is Nuffield Health’s largest hospital treating patients from the UK and overseas.
The Manor has gained an international reputation for excellence offering patients a premium service in neurosurgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, and cancer care, supported by a specialist paediatric ward, 7 bedded intensive care unit, and 6 bedded PACU ensuring patients receive the best possible care. Dedicated to delivering safe and compassionate care every day. The Manor Hospital is proud to offer its patients the additional assurance of having a 365 days a year adult Critical Care Service - a service not available in many private hospitals.
Our expert consultants and dedicated matron-led support staff take great pride in providing the finest medical care for all our patients in a clean and comfortable hospital setting. We have a limited underground car-park for patient use plus a balcony café where friends and family visiting patients can relax whilst having a refreshment.
Nuffield Health combine hospitals, health clinics, fitness and wellbeing gyms, diagnostic units and a wide range of treatments into one complete health and wellbeing service. Please visit The Oxfordshire Health & Racquets Club for more details on our local fitness and wellbeing facilities.
Get back to your best self faster, with treatment within two weeks.Find a treatment
Nuffield Health is proud to work with expert health professionals across the UK.Find a consultant
Tests and scans
Find out answers quickly with private diagnostics conducted within 48 hours.Find a test or scan
Beech Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7RP
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more
Areas of Specialty
Response to the CQC report
“The quality of care at Nuffield Health The Manor Hospital has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as Good across all domains. The inspectors reviewed surgery, outpatients and diagnostic imaging, and services for children & young people during their two-day visit, to assess whether these services are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, and rated each of these domains as Good.
The inspectors highlighted that:
- There was a clear statement of vision and values, driven by quality and safety. Staff were aware of the values of the organisation and were passionate about good patient care.
- Feedback from patients and those close to them was positive. People were treated with dignity, respect and kindness. Patients told us they felt supported.
- Patients had timely access to initial assessment, diagnosis and urgent treatment at a time to suit them.
- The hospital management team engaged and involved staff working to ensure the voices of all staff were heard and acted on.
We have taken immediate steps to address area highlighted in the report requiring improvement.
This rating is testament to the hard work and dedication of our team here in Oxford all of whom put the patient at the forefront of everything they do.” – Louise Sullivan, Hospital Director at Nuffield Health The Manor Hospital, Oxford.