Let's get moving
Welcome to Nuffield Health. We want to make sure you start enjoying all the benefits of your membership straight away. Our expert advice will get you started on your fitness journey.
Specialists in you
Welcome to Nuffield Health where your membership is completely built around you. Our on-site experts are here to support you every step of the way. For us, health and fitness go hand in hand.
Four steps to get you started:
your member account. You will receive an email.
the Nuffield Health app for your iPhone or Android device.
our extensive group exercise timetable.
your personalised health and fitness journey.
Tips for new gym starters
- Don’t copy others – they may be doing exercises specific for injury or their goals
- Build up your time in the gym gradually to keep you motivated
- Be flexible and try new classes or a new routine
- Discover the other services your gym provides
- Find exercise you enjoy – it has to be sustainable long term, so make sure you’re having fun.
Starting a routine
You’ve decided on your goals and you’re ready to get going, but how can you make sure you succeed at your fitness goals long term? It’s easy to let it slip if you’re not enjoying it, so make sure your goals are reachable and that you’re doing activities you enjoy.
Your gym checklist:
- Gym bag to carry everything in
- Towel to wipe down equipment
- Gym clothes and suitable trainers
- Headphones and music device
- Joint supports if you need them.
Perhaps you're looking for extra motivation to reach a particular goal or you want to build confidence in the gym? One-to-one sessions with our dedicated trainers can make a real difference to your wellbeing and your results. You could also try one of our gym workouts for beginners.
Your membership benefits
Now you’re a member, we want you to benefit from your membership to the full. Going to the gym isn’t all about bulking up or slimming down, it can also be a place to meet new people, relax and have fun with others.
At Nuffield Health your membership goes beyond just access to the gym.
What's included in your gym membership?
- Access to multiple clubs across our network
- A full timetable of classes
- Discounts on other services
- 10% discount on a selection of beauty services.
For many people, stepping onto a gym floor is as scary as the first day of school. However out of place you feel when starting out in the gym, be assured that you're not alone.
Mix up your gym experience
At Nuffield Health we cater for all kinds of workouts. Whether you are looking to train for a triathlon, wanting to lose fat or simply want to try something new, we have the equipment that can cater for your needs.
Find out 10 things you can do in the gym other than pump iron
Losing body fat doesn’t have to be done through hours of cardio. Discover how weight lifting can help you lose body fat.
Are you thinking of doing a triathlon or are you a swimmer looking to build strength? Try our upper body workout specific for swimmers.
Kettle bell workout
Working everything from your grip strength to your core, this session will help you build explosive power and lean muscle.
Join in with our in-pool activities, including swimming lessons, aqua classes and swim-fit programmes, or simply take a relaxing dip.
Whether you want to unwind with Yoga, push yourself with a cardio class or work up a sweat in our indoor cycling classes, we have a class for all abilities.
What makes us different?
The broad range of in-gym services and facilities on offer to all our members. Across our network of clubs, hospital and clinics nationwide, everything is built around your total health and wellbeing.
- Over 4,000 physiotherapists available to you
- Comprehensive Health Assessments carried out by GPs and physiologists
- Beauty treatments including massage, manicure, facials and more
- Help with mental health support when you need it
- Access to over 900 accredited psychological therapists in over 1200 locations nationwide.