How you feel about the way you look can affect your confidence and happiness. We’re here to provide you with expert support to make sure you make the right decision when it comes to cosmetic or reconstructive surgery.
Cosmetic surgery is an elective procedure performed to help fulfil your desire to change your appearance, such as a breast augmentation or a nose job. Reconstructive surgery is a procedure which aims to reshape or reconstitute tissue in an effort to reclaim previous appearance after an accident.
Learn more about cosmetic surgery at Nuffield Health with our full list of cosmetics articles.
Scars: A guide to good healing
Worried about an existing scar or how scarring will affect your appearance after surgery? Here’s our guide to healing well and reducing the appearance of scars.
When is the right time for a Facelift?
Facelifts are an increasingly popular cosmetic surgery procedure. But what are the risks and benefits, and is there a perfect age for a facelift?
Breast enhancement: What really happens during a breast augmentation operation
A step-by-step guide to breast augmentation (or enlargement): the most popular cosmetic surgery carried out in the UK.
6 signs your big breasts are a big problem
Large and heavy breasts can be a big problem for some women. Here are six signs you should do something about them.
How to make your own vitamin D face mask
You'll be amazed by how simple it is to make your own vitamin D mask at home.
Fixing stretched earlobes | 4 things you need to know
Consultant Ear Surgeon Mr Sanjay Verma explains four things you should know about having your stretched earlobes surgically repaired.
Whatever your symptoms you should see your GP for a proper diagnosis. Some common symptoms:
Some common conditions and diseases that could match your symptoms:
- Cosmetic veins
- Cleft lips
- Broken and fractured noses
- Flat chested
- Nose deformity
- Facial trauma
- Sun damaged skin
- Pigmented lesions
- Skin cancer
We offer a range of tests and scans to help understand your needs. Some key tests and scans include:
Getting treated as soon as possible can be easy. Some key treatments and procedures include:
- Breast reduction
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Maxillofacial / oral surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Areola reduction
- Arm reduction (Brachioplasty)
- Body contouring
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Brow lift
- Buttock lift
- Chemical peel
- Chin reshaping (Genioplasty)
- Craniofacial reconstruction
- Dermal fillers
- Dermatological surgery
- Eye lift
- Facial resurfacing
- Facial surgery
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Fat transfer
- Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Hair removal
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Laser hair removal
- Lateral intercostal artery perforator (LICAP) Flap breast reconstruction
- Mastectomy (breast removal)
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Mole removal
- Neck lift
- Non-surgical body contouring and skin tightening
- Otoplasty (ear correction / ear repositioning)
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Rhinoplasty (or nose reshaping)
- Skin cancer surgery
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- Skin rejuvenation
- Skin surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Trauma reconstruction
- Varicose vein stripping
- Endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins