This hospital is temporarily closed for new referralsWe have made this hospital available to NHS trusts to support patients with the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, cancer and other urgent health conditions. For more information please read our FAQs here.
Because we are supporting the NHS at this challenging time, we are reviewing all planned procedures and consultations over the coming months. We will be in contact with any patients where the Consultant feels it is necessary to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Private Hospital Group of the Year winners at the Health Investor Awards.
Set in beautiful grounds, three miles south-west of the city centre, Nuffield Health Derby Hospital serves the local community with quality private healthcare. We offer a comprehensive range of first class medical and surgical services using advanced technological equipment.
We specialise in many medical areas, including orthopaedics, cosmetic surgery, cataract surgery and varicose vein removal treatments.
Our hospital is set in a relaxed and modern environment and our patient rooms all have en-suite facilities for your comfort and privacy. Our hospital facilities include: single rooms; en-suite shower room; TV & radio; telephone and Wi-Fi.
All of our staff are highly trained with an overall aim of creating a caring environment to encourage a speedy recovery and well-being.
Get back to your best self faster, with treatment within two weeks.Find a treatment
Nuffield Health is proud to work with expert health professionals across the UK.Find a consultant
Tests and scans
Find out answers quickly with private diagnostics conducted within 48 hours.Find a test or scan
Rykneld Road, Derby, DE23 4SN
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more
Our response to the CQC report:
“The quality of care at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as ‘Good’ across all domains. The inspectors reviewed surgery, outpatients and diagnostic imaging, and medicine during their two-day visit in October 2015, to assess whether these services are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, and rated each of these domains as ‘Good’.
The key findings of the Care Quality Commission were:
- The overall leadership of the hospital was good; staff felt able to discuss improvements for their patients and services, to raise concerns and felt part of the hospital team
- The hospital was visibly clean. The hospital senior management team confirmed a programme of refurbishment was on-going to update areas of the hospital which had been identified as needing redecoration
- Staffing levels were safe and met the needs of patients. Where bank or agency staff were used, the hospital tried to ensure these staff were used on a longer term basis to provide continuity of patient care
- Staff cared for patients and provided them regularly with meals and drinks
The inspectors identified several areas of outstanding practice at the hospital and comments included:
- The hospital had introduced a new anaesthetic procedure. Patients undergoing certain surgical procedures were given a short-acting spinal anaesthetic using different local anaesthetic based on the time required for the surgery this was called targeted spinal anaesthesia. The effect of this anaesthesia only lasted for the duration of the procedure which meant patients were able to start moving around immediately, were able to eat and drink immediately and could be discharged sooner. This was beneficial for patients, such as those with diabetes, who needed as short a time as possible without being able to eat and drink
- The hospital had recently introduced "The Nuffield Health Promise" for self-funded patients. This enabled patients to have further care and follow ups at no extra cost if their expectations had not been reasonably met
- Prior to a patient going into the anaesthetic room, patients were taken to a ‘quiet room’. Patients were introduced to the surgical team. A handover of the patient from the ward nurse to the theatre staff including the patient took place in this room; the patient was involved in the whole process and put at ease
- During the Five Steps to Safer Surgery safety checklist in the operating theatre, patients who were anesthetised were ‘introduced’ to the team by their full name, for example, ‘team let me introduce to you’, and this was respectful of the patient
- The hospital’s cancer services offered a range of therapies to cancer patients without any extra charge. Patients could have up to six treatments, such as massages or eyebrow tattooing
We are pleased that the Care Quality Commission have recognised the commitment to high quality, safe services from our staff and consultants at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital with a ‘Good’ rating for the hospital. We welcome their feedback on our services and have already put measures in place to further improve patient care based on the findings of their report.” - Andrew Price, Hospital Director