Miss Burgert has been practicing as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at St Richard's Hospital and the Chichester Nuffield Health Hospital for the past 20 years. Her sub-speciality interest is the treatment of hand and wrist problems, and she offers her extensive experience and expertise in this field to patients of all ages. She is supported by a team of physiotherapists and occupational hand therapists, who provide assistance with non operative treatment, and give essential support for a speedy recovery following surgery.
Miss Burgert graduated from Ulm University medical school in Germany in 1988. She undertook higher surgical training in Wales and RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital Oswestry, Followed by sub-speciality fellowship training at the Hand Unit in Derby under Professor Burke, who was the first Professor of Hand surgery appointed in this country.
- Thursday 14:00 - 17:00
- Trauma Consultant, St Richard's Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital
Miss Burgert specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Hospitals:
- Surgery for arthritis of Hand and Wrist
- Treatments for carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger
- Surgery for Dupuytren's disease
- Reconstruction following trauma to bone, joint and soft tissues
Miss Burgert has a special interest in educating and training the Orthopaedic and Hand Surgeons of the future. This part of her work is very enjoyable and also carries great responsibility, and she is proud to count many of those she trained amongst her consultant colleagues.
Out of work, Miss Burgert enjoys gardening and textile crafts, and can therefore appreciate how disabling hand and wrist conditions can affect patients with similar interests.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Associate Member of British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Medical Protection Society
Ms Sabine Burgert does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Sabine Burgert does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Sabine Burgert does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.