- Specialities Urology, Men's Health, Sexual Health
- Telephone 01133 882 067
- Year of first qualification 1999
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4637237
- Fax 0113 301 0245
Mr Oliver Kayes is currently appointed as a consultant urologist and honorary senior lecturer at Leeds Teaching Hospitals. Additionally, he works alongside infertility colleagues at the Leeds Centre for Reproductive Medicine (LCRM).
His special interests include benign prostate conditions, male sexual dysfunction, male infertility, urological cancers and genital reconstructive surgery. He completed his specialist surgical training in Cambridge and London; including a two-year fellowship working with international experts at University College London Hospital.
He has completed a higher degree in the molecular biology of penile cancer and awarded the prestigious Hunterian Professorship in 2010 by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He currently acts as a reviewer for several international urology journals and is a faculty member of the F1000 research portfolio. Mr Kayes is regularly invited to teach and present at national and international scientific meetings.
Mr Kayes believe that it is important that patients receive optimal care alongside the continual development of high quality clinical and scientific research. This fascinating interface allows him to promote clinical excellence in urology whilst nurturing innovation and improving surgical outcomes.
He is also experienced in providing specialist expert reports and advice for medico-legal cases.
Mr Kayes specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Epididymal surgery
- Female Urology
- Intralesional collagenase injection therapy
- Lue's procedure
- Nesbit procedure
- Penile prosthetic surgery
- Prostate resection - TURP surgery
- Prostatic Urethral Lift (eg Urolift)
- Reconstructive surgery
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
- Vasectomy reversal surgery
Mr Kayes Outreach clinic at Harrogate
Mr Kayes now offers consultations at Nuffield Health Harrogate Fitness & Wellbeing Gym.
- Every Monday 17:30 - 19:30 (Leeds)
- Occasional Thursdays 13:30 - 16:30 (Leeds)
- Alternate Tuesday evenings (Harrogate)
- Saturday mornings (Harrogate)
- St James Hospital, Leeds
- Consultant Urologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer, Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association fo Urology
- Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Fertility Society
- European Society Sexual Medicine
- Penile Cancer UK Research Group
- BAUS Infertility Guidelines Steering Group
- F1000 Prime Faculty
- Fellow of European Committee for Sexual Medicine (FECSM)
Research interests include:
- Improving surgical outcomes
- Biomarker discovery and translational medicine
- Cell cycle and chromosomal anomalies in uro-oncology
- Male sexual dysfunction and male infertility.
DeclarationMr Oliver J Kayes works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Oliver J Kayes does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Oliver J Kayes has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr Oliver J Kayes does have a financial interest in a third party company, Impact Medical who provide a Lithotripsy / Shockwave service at this hospital or other Nuffield Health hospitals.
Mr Oliver J Kayes does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.