Anton Fries gained his medical degree from the University of Cambridge in 2003. He completed his surgical training in the West Midlands and South West of England, passing the FRCS(Plast) exam in 2016. He was appointed Consultant Plastic Surgeon in Oxford in 2018.
He spent two years in San Antonio, Texas, performing research into reconstructive transplantation. He spent the final year of his training in Taipei, Taiwan, where he completed the advanced microsurgical fellowship. Here he was awarded the International Master of Science degree in Reconstructive Microsurgery from Chang Gung University.
He completed the Bristol Cosmetic Surgical Fellowship and has trained in cosmetic surgery in the USA and Australia.
His specialist interests include all aspects of hand surgery, cosmetic surgery, skin lesion excision and microsurgical reconstruction.
He continues to pursue academic practice and has published over 40 peer reviewed papers. As a member of the Royal Navy he deployed to Afghanistan twice, as medical officer to the Royal Marines and latterly as a surgeon in the field hospital. Each year he performs pro bono surgery in Manila, the Philippines, with the charity Operation Restore Hope, Australia.
- Hand Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Skin lesion excision
- Non-surgical esthetic procedures
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Anton Fries at Nuffield Health
- Areola reduction
- Arm reduction surgery (brachioplasty)
- Body contouring
- Breast enlargement surgery
- Breast reduction
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Brow lift
- Hand surgery
- Cubital tunnel release
- Dermal fillers
- Dermatological surgery
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Excision of skin lesion
- Eye lift
- Eyelid cyst removal
- Fat grafting
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Injections for wrinkles
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Liposuction treatment
- Local anaesthetic
- Mole removal
- Liposuction for lipoedema
- Liposuction for lymphoedema
- Nerve surgery
- Otoplasty (ear correction / ear repositioning)
- Reconstructive surgery
- Nose reshaping surgery (rhinoplasty)
- Skin cancer surgery
- Skin surgery
- Tendon problems
- Thigh lift
- Trauma reconstruction
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
Over 40 peer reviewed publications, see link to googlescholar profile - https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=UB0qxE0AAAAJ
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Society of Surgeons of the Hand
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- International Society of Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgeons
Other post held
- Oxford University Hospitals, Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Insurers Mr Anton Fries works with
Mr Anton Fries works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
Mr Anton Fries does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Anton Fries does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Anton Fries does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.