Dr Wood qualified from Imperial College School of Medicine (London) in 2000. He has completed post-graduate research, obtaining a Masters degree (University of Leicester) and has reviewed research articles for the British Journal of Anaesthesia. Dr Wood has authored several papers and educational articles published in the British Journal of Anaesthesia (BJA) and e-learning (Anaesthesia training). He has also written book chapters in Anaesthesia textbooks.
Dr Wood is also an examiner of the FRCA qualification for the Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCOA), one of only 85 in the country and runs a successful Anaesthetic pre-assessment service for high-risk patients for more than 10 years in the NHS
Anaesthesia, Upper and Lower GI Anaesthesia, Ophthalmic Anaesthesia, ENT
Anaesthesia, Orthopaedic Anaesthesia, Plastic surgery, Anaesthesia
- Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCOA)
- Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland (AAGBI)
- Anaesthetic Research Society (ARS)
- Age Anaesthesia Association (AAA)
- Society of Bariatric Anaesthesia (SOBA)
- British Ophthalmic Anaesthesia Society (BOAS)
Other posts held
- Consultant Anaesthetist, Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Pre-Assessment Lead for Nuffield Hospital Leicester
Insurers Dr Marcus Wood works with
Dr Marcus Wood works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- Bupa Global
- Cigna International
- Healix Healthcare
- Police Mutual
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Marcus Wood does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Marcus Wood does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Marcus Wood does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.