Having a complete understanding of your health means you can tailor your lifestyle accordingly and live life to the full.
If any serious medical issues are found, we’ll refer you to the relevant health experts.
Cost of a Female Health Assessment = £364
If you have Private Medical Insurance or are part of a company scheme, you may be entitled to a reduced rate. Please contact us for more details.
- Personal medical history and lifestyle questionnaire
- Height and weight measurements
- Body Mass Index (BMI) calculation
- Urine analysis
- Blood glucose (diabetes)
- Cholesterol test and full lipid breakdown
- Breast examination and guidance on self-examination
- Pelvic examination
- Cervical smear (relevant for women aged 25 to 64 based on clinical indication. Nuffield Health recommends three yearly smears for women aged 25-49 years and five yearly smears from 50-64 years, in line with national guidance)
- High vaginal swab (if clinically indicated)
- Mammography (where purchased usually appropriate for those aged 40 and over)
- Full blood count.
Understanding your Female Health Assessment
Prior to commencing your female assessment, there is a short questionnaire to complete. This helps us understand all the factors influencing your health so we can provide a strong foundation for you to make positive changes. Afterwards, your assessment begins and we will:
As well as checking your breasts for problems your doctor will also show you how to be breast aware and stay problem free. A mammogram is available for women over 40 if appropriate.
Over half a million people in the UK have diabetes without knowing it. We will look for risk factors by measuring your blood glucose (sugar) level and analysing your urine. Our clinicians will then discuss your results and help you manage your blood sugar levels through exercise, nutrition and other lifestyle changes to reduce your risk of developing diabetes in the future.
Tiredness can be a problem for all of us who lead busy lives. A blood test will check for anaemia and the ability to fight infection, so you know you have the energy to live life to the full.
Your heart is your body's most vital organ, so make it healthier with a few simple checks. Our blood test will assess your cholesterol level, whilst our clinicians will work with you to help lower your risk of cardiovascular disease by implementing healthier behaviours.
Women over 50 are prone to an underactive thyroid. A blood test will identify this at a very early stage and allow the correct treatment to be given, before it becomes a serious problem.
Whatever your age you might need to discuss specific female problems. A cervical smear and full pelvic examination are both offered with full follow-up advice based on the results.