Mr Russell is head of the department of oral and maxillofacial surgery at the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust.
He is also the clinical director for maxillofacial services within that Trust. His clinical practice covers all aspects of the specialty including nose reshaping. This includes the surgical removal of buried or impacted teeth and retained dental roots, the treatment of cysts of the jaw, the diagnosis and treatment of lesions around the mouth, on the lips and the skin of the face.
Mr Russell has a particular interest in surgery for abnormally shaped jaws and in the placement of dental implants.
- Weekly Tuesday PM
- Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon and Clinical Director of Maxillofacial Services
When away from the hospital Mr Russell enjoys time spent outdoors - either walking his dog or riding his horse. He finds they provide the perfect balance to the stresses and strains of the clinical environment.
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Regional Advisor to the Royal College of Surgeons
- British Medical Association
Research interests include orthognathic and craniofacial surgery.