Spinal and Neurosurgery in Leeds
The Centre for Spinal and Neurosurgery at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is one of very few private centres outside of London that carries out the full range of spinal and neurosurgical procedures, including complex cranial surgery (brain surgery).
Why choose Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital for your spinal or neurosurgical treatment?
We’re based next to one of the largest teaching hospitals and NHS centres for Spinal and Neurosurgery in the country, working with the UK’s top spinal and neurosurgical Consultants.
Our expert team performs over 400 complex spinal and neurosurgical procedures every year with outstanding results. This vast experience is essential when working on complex cases, ensuring we put patient care at the forefront.
As well as the best advice and care during your procedure, we’re committed to your recovery. Our specialist spinal nurse sees all of our adult private spinal patients during their time in hospital and is on the end of the telephone for aftercare advice once you are discharged.
Physiotherapy is included in your treatment at no extra cost, whether you’re an insured patient or paying for yourself. We have the largest national network of physiotherapists outside the NHS, all registered with at least three years’ experience. Find out more about our physiotherapy service.
We have also received an "Outstanding" rating from the health care regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), following an inspection in February 2017. The CQC highlighted the investment in new evidence-based techniques and technologies to support the delivery of high quality care including for spinal and neurosurgery.
Our Centre in the news
- How a compressed nerve in the brain can cause a chronic facial pain condition: Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Spinal surgery helps nurse climb Mt Etna (opens in Facebook)
- Teenager who wore baggy clothes to cover the 70 degree curve in her spine can now do the splits
- Harrogate teenager proudly shows off her scar in prom dress after major surgery to fix a curve in her spine
- Gary is first in the country to have pioneering back op
- Mum sleeps easier thanks to Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
- New state of the art MRI and CT Scanner at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
State-of-the-art equipment at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
As a not-for-profit organisation, all our profit is reinvested back into our specialist equipment, including spinal and neurosurgical technology. We have:
- Operating theatres which use state-of-the-art theatre tables, ensuring the optimum positioning of the spine for surgical procedure
- A multi-disciplinary approach to your healthcare. We access expertise from allied health professionals necessary for preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care
- Investment in the first 3D fluoroscopy navigated system for spinal surgery, increasing the accuracy of placement of spinal screws - we are one of the few hospitals in Europe to use this revolutionary equipment
- A state-of-the-art brain lab for brain tumours - the only private hospital outside of London to offer this facility
- Invested £2.6 million in exemplary CT and MRI scanners which offer advanced imaging - a service that helps position our hospital as the leading private healthcare centre for scanning services in Leeds and wider Yorkshire. Our advanced imaging service is also recognised as one of the best in the UK
- An interventional suite (catheter lab) that uses cutting edge imaging. This suite allows us to offer precision spinal injections to manage complex spinal pain, while offering minimally invasive alternatives to surgical treatment, which can reduce recovery time and shorten hospital stays.
Thinking about getting treatment? Watch these helpful videos.
Spinal surgery at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
Find out more about spinal surgery at Yorkshire's largest private hospital
Brain surgery at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
Brain surgery at Yorkshire's largest private hospital
Pain Management at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
Pain management at Yorkshire's largest private hospital
Explore Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital for yourself
Take a tour around Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
Call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 0113 388 2067, alternatively fill out a contact form below and a member of our team will get back to you.
How to reach us
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is easily accessible by train, plane or car (why not book our patient drop off and collection service). Parking is also available for all private patients and their visitors.
We treat patients who travel from all over the country. If you would like some guidance on local accommodation for your family, please just ask and we’ll be happy to help.
Contact our experts in Leeds:
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.