Spinal and Neurosurgery in Leeds
The Centre for Spinal and Neurosurgery at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is the only private centre outside of London that carries out the full range of spinal and neurosurgical procedures, including complex cranial surgery (brain surgery).
Why choose Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital for your spinal or neurosurgical treatment?
We’re based next to one of the largest teaching hospitals and NHS centres for Spinal and Neurosurgery in the country, working with the UK’s top spinal and neurosurgical Consultants.
Our expert team performs over 400 complex spinal and neurosurgical procedures every year with outstanding results. This vast experience is essential when working on complex cases, ensuring we put patient care at the forefront.
As well as the best advice and care during your procedure, we’re committed to your recovery. Physiotherapy is included in your treatment at no extra cost, whether you’re an insured patient or paying for yourself. We have the largest national network of physiotherapists outside the NHS, all registered with at least three years’ experience. Find out more about our physiotherapy service.
We have also received an "Outstanding" rating from the health care regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), following an inspection in February 2017. The CQC highlighted the investment in new evidence-based techniques and technologies to support the delivery of high quality care including for spinal and neurosurgery.
Our Centre in the news
State-of-the-art equipment at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
As a not-for-profit organisation, all our profit is reinvested back into our specialist equipment, including spinal and neurosurgical technology. We have:
- Operating theatres which use state-of-the-art theatre tables, ensuring the optimum positioning of the spine for surgical procedure
- A multi-disciplinary approach to your healthcare. We access expertise from allied health professionals necessary for preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care
- Investment in the first 3D fluoroscopy navigated system for spinal surgery, increasing the accuracy of placement of spinal screws - we are one of the few hospitals in Europe to use this revolutionary equipment
- A state-of-the-art brain lab for brain tumours - the only private hospital outside of London to offer this facility
- Invested £2.6 million in exemplary CT and MRI scanners which offer advanced imaging - a service that helps position our hospital as the leading private healthcare centre for scanning services in Leeds and wider Yorkshire. Our advanced imaging service is also recognised as one of the best in the UK
- An interventional suite (catheter lab) that uses cutting edge imaging. This suite allows us to offer precision spinal injections to manage complex spinal pain, while offering minimally invasive alternatives to surgical treatment, which can reduce recovery time and shorten hospital stays.
Thinking about getting treatment? Watch these helpful videos.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
Call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 0113 388 2067, alternatively fill out a contact form below and a member of our team will get back to you.
How to reach us
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is easily accessible by train, plane or car (why not book our patient drop off and collection service). Parking is also available for all private patients and their visitors.
We treat patients who travel from all over the country. If you would like some guidance on local accommodation for your family, please just ask and we’ll be happy to help.
Contact our experts in Leeds:
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.