Children's services (Paediatrics) in Leeds
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is one of the very few private hospitals in Yorkshire with a team of paediatric consultants and specialised children’s nurses. Rated "Outstanding" from the health care regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Paediatric treatments available
We look after children from birth to teenagers for outpatient appointments; and toddlers (3 years +) to teenagers (16 years) for surgical procedures.
Our consultants treat a full range of children’s health issues including:
- Mole, cyst, wart and skin tag removal
Paediatric Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT)
- Coblation (adeno)tonsillectomy
- Ear pinning (pinnaplasty)
- Grommet insertion for Glue ear
- Nasal and sinus surgery
- Treatment of discharging ears/ear infections,
Paediatric – General
- Acid reflux
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Respiratory asthma
- Upper GI endoscopy, including endoscopic biopsy for coeliac disease
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Knee injuries
- Sport injuries
Paediatric spinal and neurosurgery
Read more about the Centre for Spinal and Neurosurgery at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
- Hydroceles & Undescended Testes
If there is a treatment you’re looking for not listed, please contact our team on: 0113 388 2000
Why choose Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital for paediatric treatment?
We put your child first
Dedicated children’s ward
We have a dedicated ward for children with a well-equipped play room. All the rooms are child friendly with TV, a DVD player and are en suite. We also make provisions for a parent to stay in the same room as their child, when requiring an overnight stay.
Our specialist Paediatric team
Located close to one of Europe’s largest teaching hospitals, and being recognised as a leading provider of private healthcare within the area, we attract the region’s leading consultants, who are often leaders in their field in the UK and internationally
The ward is run by a specialist paediatric nurse who will be present for the duration of your child’s stay, along with other fully trained children's nurses, to ensure your child is cared for in a safe and friendly environment.
Childrens’ menu at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
Good food plays a key part in your child’s recovery. We have a dedicated menu for children and have a specialist team of chefs who will be happy to tailor the menu to meet your child’s requirements.
Making your child’s hospital journey a little easier with Nuffy Bear
Going for a hospital procedure can be a little daunting. As well as our experienced consultants, friendly paediatric team and our dedicated ward, we have ‘Nuffy Bear’ that plays a key role in your child’s hospital journey:
- Our paediatric team have designed a Nuffy Bear booklet – an engaging and interactive guide we work through with your child, which helps explain what to expect in hospital in an age appropriate way
- All paediatric private patients receive a Nuffy goody bag where your child can take home their very own Nuffy Bear and other goodies. They will also be awarded the all-important bravery certificate too.
- We take patient feedback seriously. We have a Nuffy Bear feedback form which helps your child communicate how they felt in hospital throughout their journey with us. We use this information to develop and improve our services.
More about our hospital
Largest private hospital in Yorkshire, CQC Rated: Outstanding
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is the largest private hospital in Yorkshire. We are proud to have received an "Outstanding" rating from the health care regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), following an inspection in February 2017. The CQC highlighted that patient care was at the heart of the service and this is testimony to the commitment, skill and pride of the team at the hospital.
Don’t just take our word for it...
How to book an appointment with a paediatric specialist
It’s easy to arrange an appointment with one of our specialist consultants. All you need is a referral letter from your GP. You can use your insurance or just pay for the treatment required.
You and your child are welcome to come and have a look around the children’s ward and meet the staff prior to admission.
Contact our paediatric experts in Leeds
Email us or request a call back
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Dinner is a great meal to eat together as a family. Nutritional Therapist Sally Temple provides a tasty and nutritious dinner recipe.