Are you tired of not knowing the root cause of your knee pain? At Nuffield Health York Hospital our leading orthopaedic surgeons can investigate your knee troubles with a diagnostic knee arthroscopy procedure with a full diagnosis and expert advice.
Why choose Nuffield Health York Hospital for your knee arthroscopy?
Without undergoing an investigative knee arthroscopy, some consultants may find it difficult to fully diagnose the severity of your knee condition. At Nuffield Health York Hospital our orthopaedic consultants regularly perform knee arthroscopies to thoroughly investigate knee joints prior to replacement surgery, diagnose knee conditions and repair minor cartilage damage with minimal invasion.
At Nuffield Health York Hospital our knee surgeons are renowned for their diagnostic accuracy and repair, whilst our in-house physiotherapists are there to support you though rehabilitation following treatment.
Our aftercare doesn't stop after you leave York Hospital, as knee arthroscopy patients are eligible for Nuffield Health's exclusive Recovery Plus Programme. Recovery Plus enables patients to continue with additional post-surgery rehabilitation at our partner Fitness & Wellbeing Gym in Harrogate, free of charge.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health York Hospital
If you are interested or need a knee arthroscopy procedure, you can book an initial consultation with one of our experienced knee surgeons by calling our hospital enquiry team on 01904 715 111.
Please let the enquiry handler know if you have had any recent X-rays or scans when booking your consultation, as there will be additional charges for any diagnostic imaging required.
Orthopaedic open events
If you are considering a knee arthroscopy but want to find out more information before committing to a consultation, you are more than welcome to attend one of our free orthopaedic open events. Here you will get the chance to meet consultant in a group setting and ask any questions you may have.
What happens during a knee arthroscopy?
- Knee arthroscopy is usually performed under general anaesthetic
- A knee arthroscopy operation normally takes between 1/2 an hour and 3/4 of an hour
- Your surgeon at The Vale will make 2 or 3 small incisions and then insert a tiny camera to examine the inside of your knee joint
- Your surgeon will wash out any loose material caused by wear of the joint surfaces
- It is usually possible for your surgeon to trim or repair a torn cartilage without needing to make a larger cut.
After your keyhole knee surgery
- Once your operation is over, you’ll be taken to the recovery room where you will come around from the anaesthetic
- Your wounds, blood pressure and pulse will be carefully monitored
- Most patients are able to go home the same day as the operation
- You won’t be able to drive, so you will need someone to come and take you home from the hospital once you have been discharged
- Alternatively, ask reception to book a taxi.
How soon will I recover from knee arthroscopy?
- Depending on the level of repair carried out the arthroscopy procedure generally causes very little tissue damage
- Most patients recover quickly
- Your knee will be swollen and sore for the first week following your arthroscopy
- Most patients return to normal activity levels within 2 - 3 weeks
- Please discuss any concerns regarding your recovery with your knee surgeon.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities following knee arthroscopy. However as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Damage to the nerves around the knee
- Developing a lump under the wounds
- Severe pain, stiffness and loss of use of the knee.
Haxby Road, York, YO31 8TA
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,210|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more