- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 01904 715 111 / 01904 725844 or + 07752 170011 and 07596330082 (secretary Catherine Ray)
- Year of first qualification 2001
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (secretary Catherine Ray) or email@example.com (Nuffield Heath York Hospital) firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 6027577
- Fax 01904 357 504
Mr Britton specialises in hip and knee surgery, covering all aspects from soft tissue problems to revision arthroplasty surgery.
Following several fellowships Mr Britton has developed a particular interest in sports and joint preserving including Arthroscopic hip surgery, Arthroscopic knee surgery, Knee osteotomy surgery and Hip and Knee Primary and Revision Arthroplasty.
Mr Britton performs the following procedures at Nuffield Health York Hospital:
- Alternate Wednesday afternoons
- Every Thursday at any time
- Consultant In Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Specialist hip and knee surgeon, covering all aspects from soft tissue problems to revision arthroplasty surgery. Following several fellowships Mr Britton has developed a particular interest in sports and joint preserving surgery such as:
Mr Britton has a particular interest in lower limb trauma care and outcomes, as well as development of local trauma pathways to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Outside of medicine Mr Britton continues to enjoy playing sport when possible. More recently, rugby has been ruled out owing to injury and age, however he continues to play cricket socially, and also regularly plays golf.
While in Melbourne Mr Britton took up open water swimming, competing in various races along the Great Ocean Road.
Mr Britton enjoys skiing and sailing and has just taken up road cycling. He also enjoys cooking, entertaining and travelling, and through his wife’s interests, is beginning to appreciate contemporary art.
- The British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Medical Association
- European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
- The British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- The British Hip Society
1.”The new neck of femur fracture target: experience in a district general hospital”. Int J Health Care Quality Assurance. 2014
2. Nonunion of an isolated cuboid fracture: a case report. J Am PodiatrMed Assoc. 2013
3. Direct bony invasion of malignant melanoma. Indian J of Orthopaedics. 2009
4. Orthopaedic Procedure Coding. Does accuracy matter? Int J of Health Care Quality Assurance. 2009
1. TransMedial All-inside TriLink PCL Reconstruction. Submitted to Journal of Arthroscopy techniques - March 2015
2. Combined ACL and Minimally Invasive Larson’s Posterolateral Corner Reconstruction. Submitted to Journal of Arthroscopy techniques - March 2015
1.Fate of all femoral stems of the two most popular designs in the Australian Joint Registry. Manuscript being prepared for submission to BJJ, March 2015.
2. Comparison of collared and collarless Corail femoral stem in the Australian Joint Registry. Manuscript being prepared for submission to BJJ, March 2015.
3. Combined ACL reconstruction and Medial Opening Wedge High Tibial Osteotomy. Manuscript being prepared for submission to The Knee - April 2015
4. Knee Osteotomy Complication Classification System Classification validation as part of manuscript preparation, Spring 2015.
Mr Britton has been involved in numerous other publications.
Mr Edward Britton does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Edward Britton does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Edward Britton does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.