- Specialities Orthopaedics, Joint replacement
- Telephone 01904 715 111
- Year of first qualification 1995
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4209047
- Fax 01904 715 288
Having qualified in London, Mr Cooke moved to the North East in 1997 to complete his orthopaedic training.
He spent six months on a fellowship in Edinburgh Lower Limb Reconstruction Unit working with the leading surgeons in the country and now has extensive experience in lower limb reconstruction including:
- Hip and knee replacement
- hip resurfacing
- Complex hip and knee revision surgery
- Knee arthroscopy
- Foot and ankle reconstruction (including ankle replacements and arthroscopy)
- Weekly monday afternoon clinics
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon - North Tees &
- Hartlepool NHS Trust
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh
- British Orthopaedic Association
Mr Cooke has undertaken extensive research in Birmingham hip resurfacing, measuring the bone density around the prosthesis. This has been presented at regional and national level and published in leading orthopaedic journals. He has also appeared on C4 documentary 'Dispatches', which reported on metal-on-metal (ASR) findings.
Mr Nicholas Cooke does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nicholas Cooke does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nicholas Cooke does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.