Diagnostic Tests and Investigations
The Oxford Private Heart and Lung Centre offers a one-stop service under the same roof with a comprehensive range of diagnostic tests and investigations. Diagnosis is supported by the latest CT scanners and MRI scanners with cardiac ultrasound technology.
The Cardiac Catheter Lab is equipped for a range of electrophysiology studies which support specialist investigations of palpitations and other problems related to the rhythm of the heart beat (arrhythmia).
Our cardiologists and surgeons can offer the latest minimally invasive techniques. For example, our trans-radial approach for angiography and angioplasty allows patients to stand or walk immediately after the procedure, avoiding the need for bedrest afterwards. In addition to patient comfort, there are proven clinical advantages of this approach: there is less risk of bleeding, and less incidence of vascular (blood vessel) complications.
The wide range of diagnostic tests and investigations at Oxford include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) scan
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Cardiac event monitoring (holter monitors, event monitors)
- CT Scan - CT Angiography, Thoracic CT
- Electrocardiogram - Exercise Tolerance Testing, Exercise ECG
- MRI scan
- Tilt table testing
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram (TTE) - Stress Echocardiogram, Contrast Echocardiogram, Transoesophageal Echocardiogram