About our Hospital
The Manor Hospital in Oxford is one of the most modern and technologically advanced private hospitals in the UK.
The Manor Hospital, Oxford at a glance:
- 64 private en-suite bedrooms
- 6 high specification surgical theatres
- A state of the art interventional suite cardiac, vascular and neuro-vascular imaging and intervention
- 2 minor procedure suites for day case and outpatient surgery
- A cardiology unit including echocardiography, stress testing
- 24 hour ECG analysis and a host of other services
- A registered pharmacy
- Radiology unit, including Mammography, Ultrasound, MRI scans and CT scans
- On-site pathology laboratory
- On-site physiotherapy suite, with specialist services for orthopaedic care, spinal care and cardiac rehabilitation
- Oncology suite providing inpatient and outpatient care (supported by a speciality breast care nurse)
- Paediatric services supported by a registered children’s nurse
- 24-hour Residential Medical Officer
- A private GP service
- Health assessment service
- An underground car park for patients, visitors and consultants.
Our expert consultants
Our highly qualified teams of consultants at The Manor Hospital lead our medical and surgical services.
We work with expert professionals in their fields, including Nervesense - a leading provider of Intraoperative Neuromonitoring, which offers insight into the nervous system during spinal, nerve and brain-related surgeries.
Your consultant will meet you at your initial outpatient visit, and will diagnose and lead any treatment you need. Your Consultant will discuss with you his or her plans for your treatment and will answer any questions you might have so you can feel fully informed and reassured throughout.
If you are simply feeling unwell and not sure which specialist service you need we also have a private GP service where the GP can assist you in identifying what is troubling you. If necessary the GP can direct you to the appropriate specialist for their expert opinion on how best to manage your condition.
Making you comfortable
Whether you are a day patient, an inpatient (staying overnight) or a visitor, we realise coming to hospital can be a stressful time and that you might be anxious.
From the first greeting our helpful and supportive staff will make you feel at ease. Our modern facilities and large atrium area provide a relaxing ambience and comfortable surroundings.
We understand how unsettling it can be for a child who requires hospital treatment which is why we have begun a monthly introduction day for the child and the parent to visit The Manor Hospital where they familiarise themselves in an informal setting.
Your private room
Whether you are with us for a few hours or a few days, you will experience the highest standards of comfort in the privacy of one of our 64 private en-suite bedrooms.
All of our individual bedrooms offer:
- En-suite bathroom with complimentary toiletries
- Freshly prepared meals created by our team of chefs who will be happy to tailor your menu to meet your requirements
If you have any special requests before coming to The Manor hospital please feel free to contact us and we’ll do our very best to meet your needs.
We have strict guidelines for hygiene and infection prevention at The Manor Hospital and our housekeeping team takes pride in maintaining the high standards of cleanliness throughout the hospital. All rooms are cleaned daily with the minimum amount of inconvenience to our patients.
How to pay for your treatment
- Insured patients:
We encourage you to contact your private medical insurance company prior to any appointment with a consultant, and again before any test or treatments are undertaken. They will provide you with an authorisation code which should cover all of your hospital care. Nuffield Health policy is always to request a credit card “swipe” to cover any additional items (visitor’s meals, telephone calls) or tests which may not be authorised by your insurer.
If in doubt please contact a member of our Finance team who will be more than happy to give you guidance. The Manor Hospital has agreements with all the major insurers, including AXA PPP.
- Self-Paying Patients:
For patients who are uninsured and prefer to pay for their treatment please contact a member of our Enquiry Handling team who will be pleased to provide you with prices for any tests or treatments your consultant proposes.
Under the Nuffield Promise we confirm that, once your treatment has been agreed with your consultant and your cost has been given to you by The Manor Hospital, the price will not alter, even if there is a clinical reason for you to stay in hospital longer than anticipated.
If you have any further questions please give us a call on 01865 307777.
Nuffield Health Oxford, The Manor Hospital also has a 24-hour Residential Medical Officer.