Andrew Edkins, our wellbeing personal trainer from Milton Keynes, recommends doing this workout twice a week for a month ahead of your trip to get you fit for the slopes.
How to perform the exercises
This is not a beginner's workout. If you are inexperienced we recommend getting a tailored programme from a professional personal trainer.
- 5 x Squats
- 10 x Kick sit
- 5 x Hindu pushup (if this is too challenging a standard pushup will do)
- 5 x Burpees
Sets (repeat 3 times)
- Jumping alternating lunge (1 min with 30 sec rest between sets)
- Overhead squat with pulse (1 min with 30 sec restbetween sets)
- Pushup, roll and jump (1 min with 30 sec rest between sets)
Final set (repeat 4 times)
You'll need to find a hill or a quiet spot on the slopes.
- Bear crawls and run back (1 minute with 30 rest between sets)
- Hill sprint shuttle runs (1 minute with 30 sec rest between sets)
Last updated Tuesday 5 February 2019
First published on Tuesday 10 November 2015