Vasectomy surgery in Cambridge
Or call us on
At Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital our men's health experts specialise in male sterilisation and can provide you with rapid access to private vasectomy surgery.
Why choose Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital for your male sterilisation?
There comes a time in some men's lives where male sterilisation is the answer to effective long term contraception. If you personal circumstances have led you to consider vasectomy surgery, our experienced urology consultants can provide you with expert advice and quick access to treatment.
By choosing Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital for your vasectomy, you can rest assured that patient confidentially, comfort and excellent care are our paramount priority. Having a vasectomy is an important decision, however the procedure can sometimes be reversed if your personal circumstances change and you want to become fertile again. Vasectomy reversal surgery is used to counter male sterilisation and is also performed by our leading consultant urologists. Please note that vasectomy reversal is more complex and sometimes unsuccessful.
We are proud that our brand new hospital in Cambridge was the first acute private hospital to achieve an overall "Outstanding" result from our recent Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital
Booking a consultation to see one of our urology experts is easy, simply call 01223 370 922 and our dedicated hospital enquiry team will work with you to find an appointment slot that works for you.
Alternatively, fill out a contact form above and we will get into contact with you at a more convenient time.
Is a vasectomy right for you?
You should only consider a vasectomy if you are certain that you do not want any or further children. If you have a partner, it is important to discuss your thoughts with them first. If you do have any doubts, it’s best to wait until you have made a definite decision.
How does a vasectomy work?
- The operation works by stopping the sperm made in the testes reaching the semen
- Your body can still produce sperm, but the testicles reabsorb it naturally
- The surgery is under local anaesthetic and lasts about 30 minutes
- You may have some pain and swelling following the procedure but you should be able to return to work in 2 to 3 days
- After surgery, we will check your semen to make sure no sperm is present
- You should use alternative contraception until these tests are complete
- This can take up to 12 weeks.
Will my sex life be affected by a vasectomy?
- A vasectomy will not affect your sex drive or your ability to enjoy sex
- Semen is still produced, there is simply no sperm present
- You should use another form of contraception until we have confirmed that the operation is a success through a semen test
- You should remember that a vasectomy protects against causing pregnancy, but it does not protect against any sexually transmitted infection.
Vasectomy or male sterilisation consultants at Cambridge Hospital
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF
Ways to pay
Nuffield Health promise
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more