- Specialities Urology, Urological Cancer, Endo-urology
- Telephone Secretary: 0800 756 7771 Appointments: 01223 370 922
- Year of first qualification 2000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4738932
- Website http://www.cambridgeurologypartnership.co.uk/the-team/james-armitage/
- Fax 01223 281 310
Having studied medicine at Guys and St Thomas’ Hospitals in London Mr Armitage did his basic surgical training in Chichester. He then undertook a period of research investigating the epidemiology and management of benign prostatic hyperplasisa at The Royal College of Surgeons of England that led to the award of MD. He went on to complete his surgical training in East Anglia during which time he gained specialist experience at both the Norfolk and Norwich and Addenbrooke’s Teaching Hospitals. In 2012 Mr Armitage was appointed as a Consultant Urological Surgeon at Addenbrooke’s hospital.
His interests include endourology and general urology, particularly benign prostatic hyperplasia and its surgical management.
Mr Armitage performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital:
- Bi Weekly Thursday AM
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Addenbrooke's Hospital
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP)
- Prostate disease
- Renal cancer
Mr Armitage lives with his wife and three young children in Bury St Edmunds. He is a keen hockey player and also enjoys a game of golf.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
Mr Armitage maintains a strong academic interest, publishing in high quality peer-reviewed clinical journals and presenting my research locally, nationally and internationally.
DeclarationMr James Armitage works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
Mr James Armitage does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr James Armitage has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr James Armitage, as a partner of Cambridge Urology Partnership, owns a share in a 100 W Holmium Laser, and associated equipment for undertaking laser prostate surgery (HoLEP), used at the Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital.
Mr James Armitage does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.