If you are a man and your personal circumstances have changed, you may want to explore vasectomy reversal in order to be able to father a child. At Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital our leading men's health experts specialise in vasectomy reversal surgery.
Why choose Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you are considering the possibility of reversing a vasectomy, our expert urology consultants at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital are here to help. They have an exemplary track record of successful outcomes from their vasectomy reversal procedures, employing the most modern techniques in our brand new state-of-the-art private hospital.
Our recent CQC inspection resulted in an overall "Outstanding" score which we are extremely proud of. Since our opening in 2015, we have become the first acute private hospital to achieve the highest score available from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We believe that our highly respected team of consultants and unrivalled matron-led patient care sets us apart from other private hospitals in Cambridgeshire and surrounding areas.
How to book a private consultation at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital
If you are considering having vasectomy reversal procedure, you will need to book a consultation via our dedicated Cambridge Hospital enquiry line on 01223 859 297. During a consultation you will have the opportunity to discuss all the options open to you, making sure you make the right decision. If you are wanting to become fertile again we recommend you discuss this with your partner, who is also welcome at the consultation.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Cambridge will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery in Cambridge
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF
|If needed to determine treatment plan
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more