Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) in Cambridge
At Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital our renown cosmetic surgeons specialise in performing tummy tuck surgery and can provide you with the aesthetic results you desire, consistently delivering great patient outcomes. Read more…
Contact our cosmetic surgery experts in Cambridge
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF01223 303336
Why choose Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital for your tummy tuck procedure?
At Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital our highly skilled and experienced cosmetic surgeons can provide you with rapid access to tummy tuck surgery with a comprehensive treatment plan, completely tailored to you and your unique needs.
We believe undergoing any form of cosmetic surgery is a serious decision, that is why any patient at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital must undergo a full consultation with one of our surgeons to discuss all their options, before going through with tummy tuck surgery.
Did you know that Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital was rebuilt and opened in 2015 and that we are the first acute private hospital to achieve an overall Outstanding rating by the CQC Our new £30 million state-of-the-art hospital boasts upgraded medical facilities, ultra modern decor and a contemporary design. Our 36 private patient rooms have been revamped to include spacious en-suite bathrooms, widescreen TV's, unlimited wireless internet and beautiful landscape views for your comfort and wellbeing during your hospital stay.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital
If you are interested in abdominoplasty and want to discuss your treatment options with one of our consultants in Cambridge, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01223 370 922, or by filling out a contact form above.
Is a tummy tuck procedure right for me?
- You are most likely to benefit from a tummy tuck if you are self-conscious about what your abdomen looks like
- This is sometimes because the skin of the abdomen does not shrink back after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight
- This procedure is not appropriate for people who are over weight or as an attempt to lose weight
- Your surgeon in Cambridge will carry out a thorough assessment before deciding if surgery is suitable for you
- The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and usually takes between 2 - 5 hours.
The different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after having an abdominoplasty at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains area usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.
One treatment price, with no hidden costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for an interest free loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price. Again feel free to contact our enquiry team in Cambridge for more information if necessary.
To achieve the best results from any type of plastic surgery, whether it is breast enhancement, liposuction, a face lift or tummy tuck, it is important to do your research first. Mr Darren Lewis provides some tips for what to ask before surgery.