Specialty interests are aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery, cosmetic face and neck surgery, and reconstructive microsurgery.
Professor Malata underwent general surgical training on the Newcastle and Leeds University Hospital Rotations. He started training in plastic surgery in the Leeds and Newcastle units before joining the the presitigious West of Scotland training programme in Glasgow, qualifying in 1997.
He then undertook superspecialty training in breast and cosmetic surgery in the USA for about two years (1998 to 1999) at Georgetown University Medical Center (Washington DC), Surburban Hospital (Bethesda, Maryland and Emory University Hospital (Atlanta, Georgia).
Professor Charles Malata performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital:
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Charles Malata at Nuffield Health
- Mole removal
- Body contouring
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Breast reconstruction
- Arm reduction (Brachioplasty)
- Thigh lift
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Excision of skin lesion
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Rhinoplasty (or nose reshaping)
- Neck lift
- Breast reduction
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Buttock lift
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Brow lift
Professor Malata’s research has resulted in more than 60 peer-reviewed publications (Malata Medline papers) and over 150 national and international presentations on cosmetic surgery, breast surgery and microvascular free flap surgery (Malata Conference Papers)
- International Candidate American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgeons
- UK Association of University and Academic Surgeons
- European Society for Surgical Research
- Medical Defence Union
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgeon, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust, Cambridge
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Peterborough Hospitals NHS Trust, Peterborough
Insurers Professor Charles Malata works with
Professor Charles Malata works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
Professor Charles Malata does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Charles Malata does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Charles Malata does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.