Do yo no longer wish to father children? At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital our leading urologists specialise in vasectomy surgery and can provide you with rapid access to treatment.
Why choose Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital for your vasectomy treatment?
If you have had a change in personal circumstances and no longer wish to father children with your partner, our experienced urological surgeons at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital can help. Our male fertility experts specialise in long term contraceptive methods and can provide you with quick access to a vasectomy procedure.
Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital is conveniently situated close to Brentwood town centre. Our central location makes travel to our hospital easy. We are located close to the M25 as well as Brentwood and Shenfield Railway Stations for patients travelling from distant parts of Essex and London. If you chose to drive, we offer free parking for all patients and visitors, however, spaces are subject to availability on the day of your appointment.
Choosing to proceed with a vasectomy is a potentially life changing decision, however, in some circumstances, the procedure can be reversed with vasectomy reversal surgery. One drawback is that the success of vasectomy reversal surgery varies from patient to patient and you may not regain fertility.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital
If you are considering a vasectomy, you may want to discuss the procedure in more detail with a professional in Brentwood before proceeding with surgery. To book your initial consultation, please give our dedicated hospital enquiry team a call on 01277 695 695.
Before going ahead with treatment we strongly advise that you discuss vasectomy surgery with your partner before making a final decision.
Is a vasectomy right for you?
You should only consider a vasectomy if you are certain that you do not want any or further children. If you have a partner, it is important to discuss your thoughts with them first. If you do have any doubts, it’s best to wait until you have made a definite decision.
How does a vasectomy work?
- The operation works by stopping the sperm made in the testes reaching the semen
- Your body can still produce sperm, but the testicles reabsorb it naturally
- The surgery is under local anaesthetic and lasts about 30 minutes
- You may have some pain and swelling following the procedure but you should be able to return to work in 2 to 3 days
- After surgery, we will check your semen to make sure no sperm is present
- You should use alternative contraception until these tests are complete
- This can take up to 12 weeks.
Will my sex life be affected by a vasectomy?
- A vasectomy will not affect your sex drive or your ability to enjoy sex
- Semen is still produced, there is simply no sperm present
- You should use another form of contraception until we have confirmed that the operation is a success through a semen test
- You should remember that a vasectomy protects against causing pregnancy. but it does not protect against any sexually transmitted infection.
Shenfield Road, Brentwood, CM15 8EH
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more