Mr Sheikh is a UK and Ireland trained Urological Surgeon and has worked as a Registrar and Senior Registrar in both countries.
Mr Sheikh's laparoscopic surgical skills have been attained in France and specialist keyhole kidney stone removal techniques have been acquired in the Netherlands. Mr Sheikh has worked as a consultant urologist in Sunderland Royal Hospital, Sandwell and City Hospitals Birmingham.
Mr Sheikh holds fellowships of Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and European Board of Urology, a Masters from the University College London and memberships of prestigious medical societies:
Mr Sheikh is currently working as Consultant Urological Surgeon with Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals. He is the Lead Clinician in Paediatric Urology.
Mr Sheikh remained tutor and examiner for medical students at Newcastle University and trains junior doctors in urological operations in NHS.
He is a proficient general urological surgeon with expertise in urinary stone, male urological problems including erectile dysfunction, female urological conditions including incontinence, paediatric urology, and urological cancers management.
Mr Sheikh specialises in the following men's health treatments at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital:
- Urology Cancers
- Men’s Health
- Female Urology
- Paediatric Urology
- Blood in Urine (Haematuria)
- Foreskin problems / Circumcision
- Urinary Tract symptoms
- Urinary Incontinence surgery
- Erectile Dysfunction / Impotence
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Prostate Cancer / Prostate Screening / Raised PSA
- Laser prostate surgery
- Testicular lumps / Surgery
- Urinary Infections
- Diagnosis Kidney Masses
- Urinary Stones Surgery / Laser stone treatment
- Children peno-scrotal surgery
Travel, current affairs,
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Naeem Sheikh at Nuffield Health
- Vasectomy reversal
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Endocrine investigations
- Prostate screening
- Core biochemistry screens
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Prostatic Urethral Lift
- Endoscopic kidney stone treatment
- STD Screening
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Drug and medication monitoring
- Prostate surgery
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- MRI scan
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Haematology profiles
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
Mr Sheikh remained actively involved in urological cancer research and presented in international conferences and has published in peer review urological journals.
- Medical Protection Society
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- BAUS Section of female and Reconstructive Urology
- BAUS Section of Endourology
- European Association of Urology
- International Continence Society
- European Society of Sexual Medicine
- Internationale Societē de Urologe
Other post held
- Consultant Urological Surgeon at Basildon & Thurrock University Hospitals
Insurers Mr Naeem Sheikh works with
Mr Naeem Sheikh works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Mr Naeem Sheikh does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Naeem Sheikh does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Naeem Sheikh does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.