If you are a man and your personal circumstances have changed, you may want to explore vasectomy reversal in order to be able to father a child. At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital our leading men's health experts specialise in vasectomy reversal surgery.
Why choose Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you have had a change in personal circumstances and want to regain your fertility following a vasectomy, our urology team at Nuffield Health Brentwood are here to help. Urology consultants at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital have been leading the way for male fertility treatment in Essex for a number of years.
There is no guarantee that undergoing a vasectomy reversal will be successful, however, our urology team have helped many patients across The East conceive with their fantastic success rate for surgery. They have an exemplary track record of successful outcomes from their vasectomy reversal procedures, employing the most modern techniques in our state-of-the-art private hospital.
At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital we are extremely proud of our first-class hospital facilities, enabling us to provide patients with effective treatment in a relaxing and comfortable hospital environment. By choosing to go private in Brentwood, you will get the chance to relax in our private patient rooms before and after treatment. Each room features a widescreen TV, radio, free wifi and large en-suite bathroom.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital
If you are considering vasectomy reversal surgery, you will need to book an initial consultation via our dedicated Brentwood Hospital enquiry line on 01277 695 695.
During your consultation you will have the opportunity to discuss the treatment options available to you, making sure that you make the right decision. If you are wanting to become fertile again we recommend that you discuss this with your partner, who is also welcome at the consultation.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy, the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Brentwood will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery in Brentwood
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relievers such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.
Shenfield Road, Brentwood, CM15 8EH
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more