Mr Anil Vohra is a Consultant Urological Surgeon at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital and specialises in all aspects of core urology and erectile dysfunction. He has a further clinical interest in laser prostate surgery, endo-urology, laparoscopy/minimally invasive surgery and female urology.
Mr Vohra graduated from Osmania University, and later obtained a Masters in Surgery (MS) from King George's Medical College, India. He completed his higher surgical training in urology in the UK, including the North Thames and East Anglia regions. He has a practice span of more than 25 years in the UK, and has amassed a wealth of experience and continues to research in the areas of upper urinary tract, bladder dysfunction and lasers.
Mr Vohra performs routine urological operations and has particular experience in endoscopic urological surgery for ureteric and kidney stones. For men with benign prostate enlargement and problems with urinary retention, Mr. Vohra has ample experience with medical therapy as well as laser surgery of the prostate. Furthermore, Mr Vohra introduced Holmium Laser enucleation of prostate (HoLEP) or Laser prostatectomy in Essex in 2006, performing over 2,000 procedures successfully.
Mr Vohra is currently a Consultant Urological Surgeon at
Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, based at
Basildon in Essex. He is also the Surgical Tutor for the Trust. Mr. Vohra
is consulted by patients requiring general as well as specific urological advice,
investigation and treatment of urological symptoms, and second opinions. His
personal style is to ensure a balanced discussion of benefits and possible
risks when interventions are being considered.
Mr. Vohra’s specialty treatment provides for a wide variety of urological conditions, which include:
- General Urology
- Benign Prostate Enlargement - Rezūm (TM) steam treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Kidney Stones
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Overactive Bladder and Neuro-modulation therapy
- Screening for Urological Cancers
- Kidney and Testis Cancer
- Men’s Health & Erectile Dysfunction
- Major open abdominal and pelvic surgery
Mr Vohra focuses on the individual and provides timely treatment and diagnosis with continuity of care. To date more than 30,000 people have benefited by his consultation, specialised treatment and the surgery performed by him. Not only he is a good doctor but he is an excellent and caring human being too.
- Laser for prostate cancer
- Laparoscopic urology
- Female urology
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Anil K Vohra at Nuffield Health
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP)
- Prostate screening
- Prostate surgery
- Vasectomy treatment
- Vasectomy reversal surgery
- STD Screening
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Reconstructive surgery
- Endoscopic kidney stone treatment
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP)
- Rezum for benign prostatic hyperplasia
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Endo-urology Section of British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons
Other post held
- Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Anil K Vohra does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Anil K Vohra does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Anil K Vohra does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.