Mr Potluri has worked as a surgeon with the Ministry of Health for several years in Jamaica, West Indies. He obtained urological skills in India, Jamaica and further urology training in Scotland, as well as the Institute of Urology at the Middlesex Hospital, London. He has held a consultant post at Hairmyres and Monklands hospitals in Scotland during 1996-1997.
Mr Potluri was appointed to his present post with Princess Alexandra Hospital, Essex in 1997. His special interests include urological cancers- in particular prostate cancer diagnosis and management, erectile dysfunction , one stop prostate assessment, one stop haematuria assessment, no scalpel vasectomy (NSV), microsurgical vasectomy reversal.
He enjoys teaching junior doctors, nurses and general practitioners. Since being appointed to the Princess Alexandra Hospital, the department has been recognised for specialist training in urology. Some of his trainees have already been appointed to consultant posts in UK.
He advises CCGs regarding community urology services and has experience in setting up and running these. He has recently been designated the Clinical Lead for Urology at Princess Alexandra Hospital.
Mr Potluri received awards for clinical excellence four times since 2001.
- Prostate assessment - including Free, Total and Complex PSA, PCA3 test, DRE, Transrectal Ultrasound, Uroflow Studies and biopsy if indicated
- Prostate Cancer diagnosis and treatment: Prostate Biopsy, MRI, Bone Scan, Brachytherapy
- Benign Prostatic Hperplasia Surgery- Bladder neck incision, TURP, laser treatment
- Prostatitis: Diagnosis and management
- Impotence and Erectile dysfunction
- One stop Haematuria Clinic (for blood in urine) - Consultation, Ultrasound, Urine cytology and Cystoscopy
- Bladder Cancer - diagnosis and management
- Vasectomy (no scalpel method), Microsurgical vasectomy reversal
- Varicocele - embolisation, Varicocelectomy
- Kidney stones: Endoscopic management, Shock wave Lithotripsy
- Paediatric (Children) - Circumcision, fixation of testes, hydrocele, bedwetting
Female Urology - bladder problems, Urinary tract infections (cystitis), unstable/irritable bladder, management of incontinence
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Bernard Potluri at Nuffield Health
- Prostate screening
- Prostate surgery
- Radical prostatectomy
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
- Vasectomy treatment
- Vasectomy reversal surgery
- Endoscopic kidney stone treatment
- "Comparision of treatment of erectile dysfunction with phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors with other modalities" G Krishnamurthy, V Sundarajan, B Potluri -30th Congress of SIU 1-5 November 2009, Shanghai
- "Complications and Change in Urinary Symptoms Following Prostate Biopsy" Chandrasekar P, Navdeep U, Mark H, Nasreen H, Jaspal V, Potluri B -30th Congress of SIU 1-5 November 2009, Shanghai
- "Comparision of treatment of erectile dysfunction with phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors and other modalities" G Krishnamurthy, V Sundarajan, B Potluri -10th Congress of the European society for Sexual medicine - 25 -28 November 2007, Lisbon, Portugal
- "Comparision of treatment of erectile dysfunction with phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors and other modalities" G Krishnamurthy, V Sundarajan, B Potluri- 25th World Congress of Endourology - October 30 - November 3, 2007, Cancun, Mexico
- "Does prostate biopsy influence urinary symptoms and morbidity in large volume prostates" P Chandrasekar, V Kumar, M Herscowitz, N Hanifi, J Virdi, B Potluri - 25th World Congress of Endourology - October 30 - November 3, 2007, Cancun, Mexico
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
- American Urological Association
Other post held
- Clinical Lead for Urology and Consultant Urological Surgeon, Princess Alexandra Hospital
Insurers Mr Bernard Potluri works with
Mr Bernard Potluri works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Bernard Potluri does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Bernard Potluri does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Bernard Potluri does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.