Professor Lennard has been a Consultant Surgeon since 1988. He is currently President of North of England Surgical Society and British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons. He is also an Examiner for Royal College of Surgeons.
Professor Lennard's special interests are breast disease, thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal gland disorders, gallstones and hernias.
English, French and German
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Thomas William Jay Lennard at Nuffield Health
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Excision of skin lesion
- Fine needle biopsy
- Hernia repair surgery
- Mastectomy (breast removal)
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Mammogram (breast screening)
- Sentinel node biopsy
Interested in breast cancer stem cells, hormone activation and mechanisms of spread.
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
- Court of Examiners for Intercollegate Exam
- Associate Member of the General Medical Council
Other post held
- Professor of Surgery, Newcastle University
- Consultant Surgeon, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne
Insurers Professor Thomas William Jay Lennard works with
Professor Thomas William Jay Lennard works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
Professor Thomas William Jay Lennard does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Thomas William Jay Lennard does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Thomas William Jay Lennard does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.