Our Hospital, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Welcome to Nuffield Health Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital located in the suburb of Jesmond, five minutes from Newcastle City Centre.
Give us a call
The hospital, originally built in 1973 has in recent years undergone a £7.5 million refurbishment providing patients with state-of-the art facilities in first class surroundings.
We provide rapid access to diagnostic investigations including ultrasound, MRI and CT for immediate assessment and diagnosis. The hospital benefits from three operating theatres, 39 patient bedrooms all equipped with TV, Wi-Fi and en-suite facilities and a comfortable day-case unit for patients receiving minor treatments.
We have flexible visiting hours and complimentary hot and cold beverages for friends and family.
Our Hospital Matron and highly experienced team look forward to welcoming you to our hospital.
All you need to know about our specialised facilities
- 3 high specification theatres offering a full range of specialities
- A dedicated cosmetic surgery and bariatric suite (The Jesmond Suite)
- Paediatric surgery for children aged 3 years+
- A specialist rapid access breast care clinic
- On-site physiotherapy suite
- An imaging suite offering mammography, MRI, CT and ultrasound
- Along with patient care, infection prevent and control is very important to us that is why we have had no reported cases of MRSA.
Our 28 patient bedrooms offer:
- Private en-suite facilities with toiletries
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Your own dedicated phone line
- Daily newspaper available on request
- Varied food and beverage menu - any special requests catered for.
The Jesmond Centre - Our cosmetic & weight loss surgery suite:
The Jesmond Centre is a dedicated cosmetic surgery and weight loss suite within the hospital. The centre is run by a specialist care sister and her team of fully trained medical staff.
We offer complimentary open events and 10 minute one-to-one cosmetic surgery discussions with an expert consultant plastic surgeon, in addition to our full price cosmetic surgery consultations. For further information please contact customer services on 0191 281 6131.