Mr Sadek was appointed to the post of Consultant Otolaryngologist and Head & Neck Surgeon at Musgrove Park Hospital in 2000. He obtained his MB BCh from Ain-Shams University, Cairo in 1974 and completed all his basic and higher surgical training in the UK. He obtained his FRCS in 1983 from Dublin, and subsequently obtained his FRCS (ORL-HNS) in 1999 and his CCST in June 2000. He was awarded the Fellowship addendum from the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2008.
Mr Sadek has been practicing ENT for almost 30 years, 13 of them as a Consultant and Clinical Lead in the United Arab Emirates and from July 2000 at Musgrove Park Hospital, where he is currently ENT Department Clinical Service Lead.
He has a wide range of experience in all aspects of adult and paediatric ENT and Head & Neck Surgery and is highly experienced in most otological procedures. In Head & Neck Surgery Mr Sadek gained substantive experience in salivary gland and thyroid surgery. In paediatric otolaryngology he has dealt with several cases of congenital choanal atresia, on which he has several publications as well as a patent design for a Sadek Choanal Atresia Stent for the treatment of the condition (patent number US6606995).
His special interest is Rhinology and Thyroid surgery. He has substantive skills in functional endoscopic sinus surgery and Rhinoplasty, having performed over 300 cases of the latter.
- Pocket E.N.T. Emergencies
- Congenital Bilateral Choanal Atresia International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Teflon Injection of the Vocal Cords under General Anaesthsia
- A Novel Stenting Technique for Congenital Choanal Atresia (Abstract) Laryngo-Rhino-Otologie
- Thyroid surgery (Lead thyroid surgeon for Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust)
- Cosmetic Rhinoplasty, Pinnaplasty and FESS
Scuba Diving: He regularly dives in the Gulf including night dives. He hopes to dive at some stage in the Red Sea and Maldives.
Sea Fishing: He is an avid sea fisherman.
Music: He enjoys playing the drums with his children who sing and play guitar and piano. His wife also participates, as she is a very good amateur singer
Motorbiking: He enjoys riding his Harley Davidson XR 1200.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Sarwat Sadek at Nuffield Health
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Head and neck oncology
- Ear drum repair (Myringoplasty)
- Antral washout
- Parotid gland removal (parotidectomy)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Adult audiology hearing aid provision
- Mastoid surgery
- Submandibular gland removal
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Grommet insertion
- Middle ear surgery
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy
- Efficacy of Topical Anaesthesia in Outpatient Flexible Nasendoscopy
- Post-Operative Prophylactic Antibiotics in Tonsillectomy
- British Medical Association
- British Rhinological Society
- British Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Medical Defence Unit
- Member of the Court of Examiners for The Intercollegiate MRCS for the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Visiting overseas Professor of ENT at Islamabad Medical &
- Dental College (2009)
Other post held
- Consultant, Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital
- Consultant, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- Thyroid lead surgeon, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Sarwat Sadek works with
Mr Sarwat Sadek works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr Sarwat Sadek does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sarwat Sadek does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sarwat Sadek does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.