Private GP service in Taunton
At Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital we can offer private GP appointments at short notice.
Book a GP appointment
If you have a busy schedule, a private GP is the perfect way to make sure your health doesn’t get sidelined.
- Monday and Thursday mornings
- 30-minute consultations for new patients
- 45 minutes for multiple issues
- 15 minute follow ups
- Available to anybody over the age of 18
- No need to be registered with an NHS GP
Please give us a call and speak to a friendly member of the team who can help you book an appointment at a time that suits you.
Our GP offers a wide range of services, including women’s health and advice on minor illnesses. If further investigations are required we can request blood tests, imaging, referrals, and provide private prescriptions. Please be aware that these may involve additional charges.
We can deliver your travel vaccinations if you are taking a personal or company trip away. Please note that 2 or more appointments may be necessary in order for us to complete your vaccination programme. We also offer a medical fitness assessment for visa applications for both business and pleasure. We offer a fitness to work service including a 45 minute medical health assessment and letter of confirmation of fitness to work.
Conditions and treatments offered
- GP consultations of 30 and 45 minutes
- Private prescriptions - additional charges for medication costs
- Referrals to private consultants and specialists, including physiotherapists – same day, if needed urgently
- Sexual health checks
- Cervical screening
- Contraceptive Service, including insertion and removal of implants and coils
- Cervical screening
- Menopause & HRT
- Medical Assessments (e.g. DVLA)
- Sports Medicals, HGV, Working Abroad - please make enquiries beforehand by sending us the required certificate and we will do our best to complete most
- Flu vaccinations
- Travel/work related vaccinations, eg Hep B
- Varicella Zoster Virus (Shingles) vaccination
Services we do not provide
- Emergency or out of hours care – please call the NHS 111 or 999
- Minor surgery
- GP home visiting service
- Issue of Sick certificates
- Chronic condition monitoring and repeat medications, this is best done with your regular NHS GP Practice
- Consultations for those under the age of 18
Meet our GP in Taunton
MD, DRCOG, DFSRH
Specialty General Practice
Dr Janssen began her study of medicine at the Catholic University of Leuven in her home country of Belgium. After coming to the UK in 1999 Dr Janssen specialised in General Practice, carrying out her training at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital on the vocational training scheme. As part of the scheme she spent time working at Musgrove Hospital in Taunton.
Following this Dr Janssen had several years working abroad, including working as a medic on a Raleigh International expedition to Chile, a volunteer for the Himalayan Rescue Association in Nepal and as a medical officer of the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Australia. She also worked in New Zealand as a medical officer on a ski field.
Dr Janssen returned to the UK in 2006 taking up her current position as a GP in a busy NHS General Practice in Mid Devon. At present she combines NHS work with private work. As well as enjoying all aspects of General Practice she has a special interest in women’s health, including contraception. Dr Janssen has a specialist interest in woman’s health issues