- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 01670 529707
- Year of first qualification 1986
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 3132205
- Fax 01912 811 379
Mr Emmerson is a specialist hip and knee surgeon.
He graduated from Newcastle upon Tyne Medical School and completed his specialist orthopaedic training in the North East of England.
He spent one year at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in Australia where he specialised in sports injuries of the knee, as well as hip and knee joint replacements.
Mr Emmerson has 18 years of experience as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a major interest in sports injuries of the knee with particular focus on anterior ligament reconstruction and cartilage surgery.
He performs around 120 anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction operations per year.
He also specialises in knee and hip joint replacement surgery and performs around 200 hip and knee replacements each year.
- Thursday evenings
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Clinical Director for Trauma and Orthopaedics Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Chairman of the Trauma and Orthopaedic Board Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
- Sports injuries of the knee
- Cartilage surgery including meniscus repair
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Knee replacement (arthritis)
- Hip replacement (arthritis)
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association For Surgery Of The Knee (BASK)
DeclarationMr Kevin Emmerson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
Mr Kevin Emmerson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Kevin Emmerson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Kevin Emmerson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.