- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 01670 529406
- Year of first qualification 1996
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 4304430
- Website https://www.northumbria.nhs.uk/consultants/mr-juhu-joseph-consultant-trauma-and-orthopaedic-surgeon
- Fax 01670529656
Mr Joseph specialises in hip arthroplasty, knee arthroplasty and hip and knee arthroscopy (keyhole surgery). Mr. Joseph has clinical managerial responsibility for out-patient services in orthopaedics across Northumbria NHS Foundation Trust.
Mr. Joseph has been a consultant with Northumbria Trust since 2011. He studied medicine at Leeds University, qualifying in 1996, staying in the city to carry out basic surgical training and orthopaedic training. He obtained his fellowship in trauma and orthopaedic surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) in 2007.
He has undertaken higher specialist orthopaedic training in complex primary and revision hip and knee joint replacement surgery, hip arthroscopy and using computer navigation surgery for joint replacements for which he has fellowship experience from Leeds, York and Brisbane.
Mr Joseph is actively involved in education and is an associate clinical lecturer at Newcastle University teaching and training both undergraduate and postgraduate level. He is also a trainer for orthopaedic registrars and a supervisor for newly qualified doctors and nurse practitioners. Mr. Joseph is an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons. Mr. Joseph is Editor for Surgery for Elsevier ‘Crash Course’ series books for undergraduates preparing for Finals examinations.
- Alternate Wednesday's from 0930/ Friday's from 1430
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Trustwide Lead for Orthopaedic Out-Patients
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement including computer navigation joint replacement
- Key hole surgery(arthroscopy) of hip and knee
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
DeclarationMr Juhu Joseph works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Juhu Joseph does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Juhu Joseph does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Juhu Joseph does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.