- Specialities Orthopaedics, Joint replacement, Key Hole Surgery
- Telephone 0191 2816 131
- Year of first qualification 1997
- Email Newcastle.firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4408846
- Fax 0191 2811 379
Mr Townshend undertook higher surgical training in the Northern Deanery and a specialist fellowship in Foot and Ankle Reconstructive Surgery at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver. He was appointed to the Northumbria NHS Healthcare Trust in 2010.
- Every Friday 9:30 - 12:30
- Associate Master Instructor, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Joint Specialty Lead Orthopaedics, NENC Clinical Research Network
Foot and Ankle Deformity
Arthritis (incl Arthroscopic ankle fusion, ankle replacement)
Forefoot surgery incl hallux valgus/bunion
Sports Foot and
Family and outdoor sports
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
Mr Townshend has published papers in a number of peer reviewed journals.
His research interests include ankle replacement, arthroscopic ankle fusion,
lesser toe correction and thromboprophylaxis in foot and ankle surgery. He was
awarded the Northern Deanery Kreibich Prize for research during registrar
Mr David Townshend does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David Townshend does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David Townshend does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.