Are you unhappy with the appearance of your stomach following rapid weight loss or pregnancy? If so, you may benefit from tummy tuck surgery performed by our leading cosmetic consultants at Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital.
Why choose Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital for your tummy tuck procedure?
At Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital our cosmetic experts can help improve the appearance of your stomach with quick access to tummy tuck surgery. For patients who have been pregnant or lost weight, their skin may be loose around the stomach. The stomach's appearance can be improved by removing excess skin and fat, as well as tightening the abdominal muscles.
By choosing Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital for your abdominoplasty, you can rest assured that you are in the best hands possible for treatment. Patients now have the flexibility to arrange their initial consultation online and during your consultation, you can expect one of our leading consultants to work with you to build a treatment plan which is individually tailored to you.
How to book a cosmetic surgery consultation at Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital
If you are interested in Tummy tuck surgery and want to discuss the treatment options available to you, we recommend that you book an initial consultation with one of our cosmetic surgeons in Exeter.
You can book online by selecting a consultant, time and date at the top of the page or you can give our dedicated enquiry team a call on 01392 262 110.
If you are a little unsure about abdominoplasty, you are welcome to attend one of our free cosmetic surgery open events. Here you will get the chance to meet one of our cosmetic surgeons and ask any questions you may have about treatment in an informal and friendly setting.
Is a tummy tuck procedure right for me?
- You are most likely to benefit from a tummy tuck if you are self-conscious about what your abdomen looks like
- This is sometimes because the skin of the abdomen does not shrink back after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight
- This procedure is not appropriate for people who are overweight or as an attempt to lose weight
- Your surgeon in Exeter will carry out a thorough assessment before deciding if surgery is suitable for you
- The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and usually takes between 2 - 5 hours.
The different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after your abdominoplasty procedure
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty, you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains are usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one-off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for an interest-free loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.
Wonford Road, Exeter, EX2 4UG
|Initial consultation||from £120|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£7,880|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more