Miss Anesti is a Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital since 2015.
Her special interests include head and neck reconstruction and microsurgery, facial paralysis, skin cancer, hand surgery and a full range of cosmetic surgery procedures.
She trained extensively in plastic surgery before becoming a Consultant in the NHS.
Miss Anesti specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital:
Having graduated from Greece, she completed her surgical training in teaching hospitals in the Midlands, gaining her Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MRCS) in 2005.
Her plastic surgical training in Greece, UK, and New Zealand provided experience in all aspects of reconstructive surgery. In 2014 she passed the Intercollegiate examination in plastic surgery – FRCS (Plast) – and was awarded a Certificate of Completion of Surgical Training with accreditation on the General Medical Council’s specialist register for Plastic Surgery.
Miss Anesti has completed Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery Fellowships in International Centres of Excellence, in USA with Prof Julia Terzis, in Taiwan with Prof Fu-Chan Wei, at the Guy’s & St Thomas’s NHS Foundation Trust in London and the St Andrew’s Centre in Broomfield.
She is a member of several specialist professional bodies, including the Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSEng), the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS), the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons ( BAAPS), and the British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH).
She welcomes enquiries regarding her practice, consultations and clinic availability.
Procedures include management of Skin Cancer, Breast Reconstruction, full scope of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Surgery.
Medico-legal report writing
Running, cycling, tennis and yoga
Treatments and tests offered by Miss Katerina Anesti at Nuffield Health
- Arm reduction (Brachioplasty)
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Body contouring
- Breast enlargement surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Brow lift
- Buttock lift
- Chin reshaping (Genioplasty)
- Craniofacial reconstruction
- Dermal fillers
- Dermatological surgery
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Excision of skin lesion
- Eye lift
- Facelift surgery
- Facial resurfacing
- Facial surgery
- Fat grafting
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Hand surgery
- Injections for wrinkles
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Mole removal
- Muscle relaxant
- Neck lift
- Otoplasty (ear correction / ear repositioning)
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Post bariatric surgery (or body contouring)
- Reconstructive surgery
- Skin cancer surgery
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- Skin surgery
- Thigh lift
- Trauma reconstruction
- Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty)
- Cubital tunnel release
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Areola reduction
- Skin rejuvenation
- Nose reshaping surgery
Miss Katerina Anesti, as a dedicated Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon has the unique role in the health care system of providing specialty and sub specialty clinical, educational and research expertise to children and adults. She would also like to serve as an essential resource and role model for future health professionals.
She is actively involved in teaching and examining at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. She is a Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the Blizard Institute, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, QMUL.
Research interests focus on nerve regeneration and facial paralysis reconstructive strategies.
- General Medical Council
- Greek Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Society for the Surgery of the Hand
- Sir Charles Bell Society for facial paralysis
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstruction and Aesthetic Surgeons
- UK Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS)
Other post held
- Consultant Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon at Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Miss Katerina Anesti works with
Miss Katerina Anesti works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Aviva Health
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Miss Katerina Anesti does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Miss Katerina Anesti does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Miss Katerina Anesti does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.