Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) surgery in Chester
At Nuffield Health The Grosvenor Hospital in Chester, our talented team of cosmetic surgeons specialise in abdominoplasty and will be with you every step of the way. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£6,790|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our Chester Hospital today
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Wrexham Road, Chester, CH4 7QP
Why choose Nuffield Health Chester Hospital for my tummy tuck?
The Grosvenor has been a prominent private hospital in Cheshire for over 40 years. We regard all our patients as individuals and take a holistic approach to treatment and care.
Throughout your tummy procedure, you'll see the same specialist cosmetic surgeon and be entitled to any aftercare you need during your recovery period. Our modern hospital offers a safe and clean environment to have your tummy tuck. You'll have your own private room with en-suite and our dedicated nurses will offer 24-hour care and support.
We have vast experience in delivering successful tummy tuck procedures and work with a team of expert cosmetic and plastic surgeons such as Mr Rizwan Alvi, Mr Douglas McGeorge, Mr Jonathan Adamthwaite and Mr Reza Nassab.
If you're thinking about having abdominoplasty, why not attend one of our free open events? You'll meet one of our expert cosmetic consultants and find out more about the procedure.
Is a tummy tuck right for me?
Sometimes the skin of the abdomen does not shrink back after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight. You are most likely to benefit from an abdominoplasty if you are self-conscious about what your abdomen looks like. Abdominoplasty is not appropriate for people who are over weight or as an attempt to lose weight.
Your cosmetic surgeon here in Chester will carry out a detailed assessment before deciding if a tummy tuck is suitable for you. The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and takes between 2 - 5 hours.
Your surgeon may use one of several techniques:
- Full abdominoplasty - is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after abdominoplasty at our Chester Hospital
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty you should be able to go home after two to three days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains area usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post operative pain killers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within six weeks. However everyone heals differently
- Be sure and discuss your return to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first six months
- The best results for you will happen if you keep to a healthy weight and exercise regularly.
General complications of any operation may include:
- Infection in a surgical wound
- Blood clots
- Unsightly scarring
Specific complications of tummy tuck may include:
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.