- Specialities Neurosurgery
- Telephone 01444 476777 (Haywards Heath)
- Year of first qualification 1994
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English and Romanian
- GMC Number 4740096
- Fax 01444 476778 (Haywards Heath)
Mr Bucur is the newly appointed Consultant Neurosurgeon at Hurstwood Park Neurosciences Centre and has recently been granted practice privileges at the Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital.
Mr Bucur’s basic surgical training was undertaken in Newcastle. After gaining his MRCS and spending some time doing locum SpR including work at Hurstwood Park, the Royal London Hospital and the Western General in Edinburgh, he completed his NTN in Leeds where he trained for six years.
Mr Bucur has achieved extensive training in all aspects of neurosurgery and has a wide range of experience in cranial and spinal surgery. He has a particular interest in degenerative spine, brain and spinal tumours as well as vascular malformations.
Prior to the UK, he was an international fellow in skull base surgery and microneurosurgery at the George Washington University, Washington DC with Professor Sekhar for three years.
Mr Bucur specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital:
- Weekly Wednesday 12:00 - 13:40 (Haywards Heath)
- Substantive Consultant Neurosurgeon at the Hurstwood Park Neuroscience Centre, Haywards Heath
Skull base and brain anatomy with emphasis on surgical approaches and techniques
Spending time with his children, reading, tennis, chess and basketball
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- Medical Defence Union
- Venous and Arterial Grafts for Difficult Tumours, Aneurysms and Occlusive Vascular Lesions: Evolution of Operative Management and Improved Results
- Partial Labyrinthectomy Petrous Apicectomy Approach to Neoplastic and Vascular Lesions of the Petroclival Area
- Cranial Base Approaches to Large and Giant Aneurysms
- Surgical Treatment of Cranial Base Meningiomas
- Symptomatic Pseudomeningocele Following Lumbar Surgery - Case Report and Review of the Literature
- Primary Meningeal Lymphoma Mimicking Meningioma - Case Report and Review of the Literature
- Metastatic malignant melanoma within meningioma with intra tumoural infarct: Report of an unusual case and literature review
Mr Sorin Bucur does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sorin Bucur does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sorin Bucur does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.