Mr Maycock is a UK-trained consultant ophthalmic surgeon with a specialist interest in cornea, cataract and refractive surgery. He is a substantive NHS consultant and clinical lead for the corneal service at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW) NHS Trust.
He trained at Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ Hospital medical school in London before completing his higher ophthalmic training in University Hospital Southampton and the Wessex Deanery. Advanced corneal subspecialty training was completed at the world-renowned St Thomas’ Hospital in London. He was awarded a distinction in the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and Ulster University postgraduate diploma in cataract and refractive surgery (PGDipCRS) and has since been invited to become a tutor on the course.
He is passionate about training the next generation of doctors and ophthalmologists. He is a clinical personal tutor and examiner at Warwick Medical School. He is a past committee member of the UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (UKISCRS) Young Ophthalmologist Program (YOP). He is a member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists microsurgical skills faculty.
- Cataract surgery
- Refractive surgery
- Dry eye management
- Fuchs dystrophy
- Recurrent corneal erosion
Treatments and tests offered:
- Cataract surgery (including premium monofocal, multifocal and toric IOLs)
- Refractive lens exchange
- Implantable collamer lens (ICL)
- LASIK / LASEK / PRK
- DSAEK / DMEK
- Penetrating keratoplasty
- Corneal cross-linking
- Alcohol delamination
- EDTA chelation
- Fine needle diathermy
- Pterygium excision and conjunctival autograft
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Nick Maycock at Nuffield Health
- Anterior segment
- Cataract Surgery
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS)
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London (RCOphth)
- UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons(UKISCRS)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
Other post held
- Consultant Ophthalmologist with special interest in cornea at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire
Insurers Mr Nick Maycock works with
Mr Nick Maycock works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- Westfield Health WPA
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Mr Nick Maycock does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nick Maycock does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nick Maycock does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.