Children & young people services (Paediatrics) in Leamington Spa
Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital is a private hospital with a large team of consultants and specialised children’s nurses that can see children of any age, for a variety of conditions.
Give us a call
- Children are referred to us from all over the country
- We accept insured or self-funding patients
- Children up to 16 years can be seen in our outpatient department
- Children between 3-16 years can be treated as in-patients
- If your child needs to stay overnight, the Children & Young Person (CYP) dedicated team are present
- The CYP team are there to offer the reassurance you will need to know your child is in the best possible hands.
We understand that sometimes you don’t want to wait for a diagnosis or perhaps you just want a second opinion. That’s why we do everything we can to make your child’s stay as stress-free as possible, including working with some of the most experienced paediatricians, leaving you to concentrate on the most important thing for your child - helping them to get better.
We provide a range of child-friendly information leaflets to explain what will happen when your child comes into hospital. There is literature suitable for young children as well as pre-teens.
Children can stay in single en suite rooms with facilities for parents to stay overnight. A children’s menu offers a wide range of healthy meals and snacks and our chefs are happy to discuss any special dietary requirements.
Meet Nuffy Bear
Going for a hospital procedure can be a little daunting. Your very own Nuffy bear will be waiting for your child when they arrive and will be with them throughout their journey, your child will also receive the all-important bravery certificate to take home with them.
During the process, we also have a Nuffy Bear feedback form which helps your child communicate how they felt throughout their journey with us. We use this information to develop and improve our services.
A wide range of children’s services
Our inpatient and radiology facilities are available for children over the age of three years and we are able to undertake a wide range of surgical procedures including:
- Oral and Maxilo-facial surgery
- Dietary advice
- ECG (Electrocardiography)
- EEG (Electroencephalography)
- ENT (ear, nose and throat)
- General paediatrics
- Hearing tests
- Paediatric general surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Speech therapy
- Radiology – x-rays, ultrasound, CT scans and MRI
- Skin prick allergy testing
Our phlebotomy service (blood taking) is offered to Children and Young People over the age of 3 years. To enquire further please contact the pathology team on 01926 436344.
How to book a consultation for your child at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital
It’s easy to arrange an appointment with one of our specialist consultants in Leamington Spa. All you need is a referral letter from your GP and you can use your own medical insurance or choose to pay as you go.
You and your child are welcome to come and have a look around the hospital and meet the staff prior to admission. For more details or to book an appointment please contact 01926 674637 or complete the enquiry form below and we'll call you back at a more convenient time.