Private GP service in Leamington Spa (Warwickshire Hospital)
Serving Leamington Spa, Coventry, Kenilworth, Stratford and surrounding areas, the private GP service at Warwickshire Hospital offers a convenient service that enables you and your family to receive the help and advice you need at a time to suit you.
Book a GP appointment
If you have a busy schedule, a private GP is the perfect way to make sure your health doesn’t get sidelined.
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 - 21:00, Saturday: 8:00 - 12:00
- Initial appointments are 30 minutes at £125
- Same day appointments available
- Available to anybody
- No need to be registered with an NHS GP
Our doctors are experienced in all aspects of medicine and have a variety of special interests to cater for most medical needs. The service is run by local GPs, who between them have more than 50 years experience:
One of the advantages of being based within the hospital is that we can usually arrange for investigations such as blood tests, x-rays and scans to be done at the time of consultation with a GP, or the following day.
We can also ensure rapid referral to any one of the wide range of specialists that consult at the hospital if needed.
Our services include:
- On-site pharmacy
- On-site pathology
- Diagnostic imaging centre (including ultrasound, mammograms, DXA, CT and MRI scanning)
- General lifestyle advice (including weight management, smoking cessation and cholesterol levels)
- Referrals to hospital Consultants
- Travel vaccinations
- HGV medicals, racing medicals
- Home visits (by special arrangement)
- Prostate screening
- HIV screening
- Prescriptions, contraception and immunisation services
- GP consultations of 30 minutes
- Private prescriptions
- Referrals to private consultants and specialists – same day, if needed urgently
- Sexual health checks
- Electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- Simple wound dressing
- Sports Medicine certificate - Please make enquiries beforehand by sending us the required certificate and we will do our best to complete most
- Common vaccinations
- Travel clinics with yellow fever
- Pregnancy problems
- Issue of Sick certificates
- Monitoring of chronic conditions and repeat medications.
Services we do not provide
- Emergency or out of hours care – please call the NHS 111 or 999
- Minor surgery
- Contraceptive Coils and implant service
It is our policy to write to your NHS GP (assuming you have one) after each consultation to ensure continuity of care. However, if you would prefer that we did not, please let us know.
Costs of our private GP service
- An initial consultation with one of our GPs costs £125 for 30 minutes
- There will be additional fees if tests/treatments are required (prices are available on request)
- Follow up consultations are charged at the same rate although where appropriate, a telephone follow up may be available, charged at £60
- Any medicines required will be prescribed on a private prescription redeemable at any pharmacy
- You will pay the cost of the drug plus a small dispensing fee.
Dr Jeff Foster, BSc, MBChB, DRCOG, MRCGP
Before studying medicine, Dr Foster completed an Honours degree in Physiology at Kings College London. Having trained and worked in the Warwickshire area since 2004, he is now a GP Principal at Croft Medical Centre in Leamington Spa. He has also gained a Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Dr Foster’s experience with chronic disease management in Primary Care, combined with acute illness treatment in Accident and Emergency, has given him an overall grounding in general medicine, surgery, paediatrics, dermatology, and mental health.
Dr Foster has been involved in developing and promoting Men’s Health in Warwickshire and the West Midlands. He has written national articles on testosterone deficiency in men, and helped promote local awareness of prostate cancer. Dr Foster has also recently published an article for the British Journal of Family Medicine on testosterone prescribing in primary care.
Dr Peter John, MBBS, BSc
Having qualified from University College London, Dr John spent five years training in hospital medicine before entering general practice in 2000. He is a full time GP, and splits his time between his busy NHS practice in Kenilworth and the local Warwickshire out-of-hours service. He is a generalist and is proficient in all aspects of general practice. He is able to provide a wide range of GP services.
Dr Nick Tait, MBChB, DRCOG, MRCGP, MFSEM (UK), DipSEM
Dr Nick Tait graduated from Birmingham University in 1996 and went on to complete postgraduate training in London and the West Midlands. He has worked in Leamington for the past 13 years. Dr Tait is proficient in all areas of general practice with additional qualifications and experience in Sports and Exercise Medicine, Occupational Health and Diabetes Management.