Mr Hanu-Cernat qualified in Dentistry in 1988 and trained as an Oral Surgeon in Europe and the UK becoming a Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 1995.
In 2000 he obtained a further degree in Medicine from the University of Birmingham and on completion of his general surgical training in Australia and the UK became a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2005.
He embarked on specialist training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and achieved his specialty Fellowship with the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2010.
In 2007 he obtained a Certificate in Postgraduate Medical Education from the University of Cardiff and is currently involved in undergraduate instruction of medical and dental students and postgraduate training of oral and maxillofacial surgical trainees.
- Antique furniture
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Liviu Hanu-Cernat at Nuffield Health
- Removing wisdom teeth
- Parotid surgery
- Head and neck surgery
- Submandibular gland removal
- Parotid gland removal (parotidectomy)
- Maxillofacial / oral surgery
Mr Hanu-Cernat has a strong interest in research and his work has resulted in numerous lectures and presentations at national and international conferences and original publications in specialist surgical journals
He is also the convenor for the prestigious biannual European Cranio-maxillofacial Operative Surgery Cadaver Workshop
- Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England
- European Association for Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Other post held
- Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire
- Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Coventry and George Eliot Hospital
Mr Liviu Hanu-Cernat does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Liviu Hanu-Cernat does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Liviu Hanu-Cernat does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.