Dr Tharakaram trained at Madras Medical College, India in General Medicine and Dermatology / Venerealogy. In the UK he obtained the MRCP and trained in Dermatology at Hull, Glasgow and London. He was a Senior Registrar in Photobiology at St John's Institute of Dermatology dealing with sunlight related skin problems and a Senior Registrar in Dermatology in Cambridge, Paediatric Dermatology at Birmingham.
Dr Tharakaram did advanced dermatological fellowships at Tuebingen, Germany and Lisbon. He also did a visiting fellow in New Orleans and San Francisco.
Dr Tharakaram taught medical students and trainees at various centres including King's College Hospital as accredited teacher. He has trained GP vocational trainees and MRCP Trainees in Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone for the last 11 years and has been invited speaker at national and international dermatology meetings.
- General Adult Dermatology including Inflammatory Dermatoses, Eczema, Psoriasis and Acne
- Paediatric Dermatology
- Skin Cancers
- Basic and Advanced Surgical Dermatology
- Genital Dermaology
- Tropical Dermatology
- Photodynamic therapy for solar keratosis, thin basal cell carcinomas
Dr Sriramulu Tharakaram has published and presented over 50 papers including the largest prospective series on cutaneous metastases from the Indian subcontinent, history of 60 years of Dermatology in the NHS, the Life and Times of Lt Col Charles Donovan.
He is a regular speaker to GP's, Pharmacists and nurses and course organiser for the GP Refresher course for the KSS Deanery at Maidstone Hospital.
- British Association of Dermatologists
- Amercian Academy of Dermatology
- Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venerealogists and Leprologists
- British Society of Paediatric Dermatology
- Indian Society of Paediatric Dermatology
- Indian Society of Dermatology
Other post held
- Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust