Lukacs Veres was trained in the prestigious University of Debrecen, Hungary. He is a specialist in general and thoracic surgery. He had his first consultant post in 2003. He has experience in all fields of adult thoracic surgery except lung transplantation.
He worked in Exeter, Southampton, Guy's Hospital (London) and joined the Southampton team again in 2018.
His specialist interest includes:
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery (VATS lobectomy and segmentectomy, pneumothorax surgery, sympathectomy, pleural biopsy and pleurodesis)
- Lung primary and secondary malignancies
- Chest wall deformities (Nuss procedure, modified Ravitch procedure)
- Enhanced recovery programme
Lung cancer, Pectus surgery, VATS (minimal invasive surgery)
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant Thoracic Surgeon, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Lukacs Veres works with
Dr Lukacs Veres works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Dr Lukacs Veres does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Lukacs Veres does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Lukacs Veres does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.