Physiotherapy at The Holly Hospital
The Holly's Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic helps hundreds of people, including many local professional sportsmen and women, back to full fitness and mobility every year. Book a physiotherapy appointment and start your road to recovery.
Book an appointment
Our Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic helps hundreds of people, including many local professional sportsmen and women, back to full fitness and mobility every year.
Our physiotherapists treat people of all ages with physical problems caused by illness, accident or ageing including:
- Back, neck and shoulder pain
- Upper limb conditions including the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Lower limb conditions including the groin, hip, knee, ankle and foot
- Sports injuries
- Post-operative rehabilitation following orthopaedic and other surgical procedures
- Pregnancy-related pain
- Posture related problems
- Stress incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction.
At your first physiotherapy session, your physiotherapist will spend time discussing your lifestyle, leisure activities, general health and any relevant medical history. They will then carry out a physical assessment to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for you and your individual condition.
The number of treatments you need will depend on your individual condition and how your body responds to treatment. But, at your first session, your physiotherapist will discuss and agree the treatment plan with you, including an approximate guide to the number of sessions that may be required.
Our treatments include:
- Acupuncture – offered as a treatment for a variety of injuries and conditions including migraine
- Exercise therapy – this can range from simple stretches to a more comprehensive exercise programme designed to aid recovery and prevent injuries in the future
- Mobilisation and manipulation – hands-on techniques that vary from very gentle touches and stretching to manipulation
- Mummy MOT
- Pelvic Floor Problems
- Phototherapy – we provide ultraviolet light therapy for treating psoriasis, eczema and other skin conditions. A referral is needed from a consultant dermatologist for this service
- Physio for sports injuries/sports rehabilitation – we routinely treat chronic and overuse injuries, devising appropriate training methods and regimes to help you maintain your fitness and work with your injury rather than against it
- Preventative advice – providing advice and working with you on self-help measures such as appropriate exercise, posture correction and lifting techniques can really help speed up recovery and prevent a re-occurrence of the problem. A physiotherapist is always available during opening hours to give advice
- Run 3D gait analysis
- Shockwave or electrotherapy – uses small electrical impulses to repair tissue, stimulate muscles and increase sensations and muscle strength. Generally, injuries with swelling will respond well to electrotherapy
- Sports massage
- Stress incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction
- The Calm Choice – award-winning stress management courses.
Our physiotherapy unit contains six individual treatment areas as well as a larger gym area for patient rehabilitation. The new unit is centrally located within the hospital as part our new dedicated outpatient facility meaning patients can access consultations, diagnostic imaging and physiotherapy all under one roof.
We also have a UV cabin that offers both UVA and UVB phototherapy.
Our physiotherapists and sports therapists have years of practical experience and expertise in treating sports-related injuries.
Prices and packages
|Initial physiotherapy session (45mins)
|Follow-up physiotherapy session (30mins)
|Run3D gait analysis assessment
|Clinical Pilates (4 sessions)
|Phototherapy (1 treatment)
|Phototherapy (10 treatments)
|Initial acupuncture session for pain relief
|Subsequent acupuncture session
|Initial assessment for pelvic floor dysfunction
|Follow-up for pelvic floor dysfunction
|Pregnancy physiotherapy session (initial)
|Pregnancy physiotherapy session (follow up)
To book an appointment call our friendly appointments team on 020 8505 3311.
The Holly Hospital, High Road, Buckhurst Hill, Essex, IG9 5HX