Knee arthroscopy surgery in Leamington Spa
Are you curious to what your niggling knee condition actually is? At Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital our orthopaedic consultants can diagnose your knee pain, treat minor damage and recommend how your knee problem can be fixed. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,630|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our orthopaedic experts in Warwickshire
Fill in a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Why choose Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital for your knee arthroscopy?
At Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital our leading orthopaedic knee consultants specialise in key-hole knee arthroscopy surgery, providing excellent diagnostic accuracy and cartilage repair for patients across Warwickshire.
Our highly trained staff provide care on an individual basis, with the overall aim of creating an environment to encourage speedy recovery and well-being. Staff at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital work tirelessly to ensure that the clinical standards and patient experience delivered are second to none.
To help aid your rehabilitation after treatment, our on-site hospital physiotherapy team will work alongside your chosen consultant to help get you back to your feet. Our physiotherapists are all trained in orthopaedic aftercare and have obtained experience helping patients with lower limb joint rehabilitation.
How to book a consultation at our hospital in Leamington Spa
Booking a consultation to discuss your treatment options with a orthopaedic surgeon at our Warwickshire Hospital is easy. Simply call our dedicated enquiry team on 01926 436 351 and they will find you a convenient appointment with the surgeon of your choice.
Please let the enquiry handler know if you have had any recent X-rays or scans when booking your consultation, as there will be additional charges for any diagnostic imaging required.
What happens during a knee arthroscopy?
- Knee arthroscopy is usually performed under general anaesthetic
- A knee arthroscopy operation normally takes between 1/2 an hour and 3/4 of an hour
- Your surgeon at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital will make 2 or 3 small incisions and then insert a tiny camera to examine the inside of your knee joint
- Your surgeon will wash out any loose material caused by wear of the joint surfaces
- It is usually possible for your surgeon to trim or repair a torn cartilage without needing to make a larger cut.
After your keyhole knee surgery
- Once your operation is over, you’ll be taken to the recovery room where you will come around from the anaesthetic
- Your wounds, blood pressure and pulse will be carefully monitored
- Most patients are able to go home the same day as the operation
- You won’t be able to drive, so you will need someone to come and take you home from the hospital once you have been discharged
- Alternatively, ask reception to book a taxi.
How soon will I recover from knee arthroscopy?
- Depending on the level of repair carried out the arthroscopy procedure generally causes very little tissue damage
- Most patients recover quickly
- Your knee will be swollen and sore for the first week following your arthroscopy
- Most patients return to normal activity levels within 2 - 3 weeks
- Please discuss any concerns regarding your recovery with your knee surgeon.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities following knee arthroscopy. However as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Damage to the nerves around the knee
- Developing a lump under the wounds
- Severe pain, stiffness and loss of use of the knee.