- Specialities Orthopaedics, Joint replacement, Soft Tissue Injuries, Key Hole Surgery, Sports Medicine
- Telephone 01926 772 731 (Secretary)
- Year of first qualification 1982
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 2596958
- Fax 01926 428 791
Tim Spalding is a specialist knee surgeon at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, Coventry, UK, and Honorary Associate Professor at the University of Warwick.
His sub-specialist interest in knee surgery is in sports injury of the knee, covering arthroscopic surgery and anterior and posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction; and reconstructive knee surgery including meniscal transplantation, articular cartilage repair, osteotomy and partial or total knee replacement. He has been involved with meniscal reconstruction since fellowship with John Cameron in Toronto in 1995 and subsequent work with Rene Verdonk, both pioneers of meniscal transplantation. Having performed over 200 meniscal transplants, current research examines the chondroprotective effect of transplantation and optimisation of the surgical technique.
Training took place in Oxford and in the Royal Navy prior to an arthroscopy and knee surgery fellowship in Toronto, Canada. He joined University Hospital Coventry in 2000 after 5 years as a Consultant in the Royal Navy. He has a busy sports knee surgery practise, runs a knee fellowship program and continues to be very active in teaching and research.
He was co-chairman of the program committee for ICRS 2015 conference in Chicago, and is currently Chairman of the Finance committee for the ICRS and the Arthroscopy Committee for ESSKA. Through his hobby of sailing he was the medical advisor for the Volvo Ocean Race until 2012 and now sits on the Medical advisory committee for the RNLI.
Mr Spalding specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital:
- Weekly Monday 14:00 - 20:00
- Monthly Tuesday 08:00 - 12:00
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- European Society of Sports Surgery Knee Arthroscopy
- International Cartilage Repair Society
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Meniscal Study Group
Mr Spalding has written, or contributed to, multiple publications and chapters involving his areas of special interest.
DeclarationMr Tim Spalding works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health
Mr Tim Spalding does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Tim Spalding does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Tim Spalding does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.