Women's Health at Highgate Hospital
Book an appointment
At Highgate Hospital, we understand that sometimes gynaecological problems can be particularly sensitive or difficult to talk about, and we aim to keep your needs at the centre of your care. Our top consultants are dedicated to treating patients with a wide range of gynaecological symptoms and offer a holistic approach to their treatment plans, ensuring you get both their expertise and support throughout.
What is gynaecology?
Gynaecology is the branch of medicine that focuses on the care of the female reproductive system. This includes contraception, early pregnancy (including recurrent miscarriage), and issues relating to menstruation, infertility and menopause as well as sexual problems. It also addresses conditions such as fibroids, polyps and ovarian cysts.
What to expect?
Our comprehensive ‘one-stop’ department is managed by leading consultants in the field of women’s health. It is facilitated by both male and female consultants, who will address your concerns with both sensitivity and discretion.
We are able to provide you with excellent care at your convenience by offering a wide array of appointments to fit with your schedule. We offer an extensive range of investigative tests and procedures for diagnosis when required, as well as a comprehensive range of medical and surgical therapeutic services at our own state-of-the-art facilities. Whatever your gynaecological problem, we aim to ensure that your experience here at Highgate Hospital is both seamless and convenient and that our experts will be ready to answer any questions you might have along the way.
If you would like an appointment with one of our top-class consultants, please contact us on 020 8023 6436 or enquire online.
Conditions we specialise in
- Early pregnancy problems
- Fertility problems
- Gynaecological problems (vaginal discharge, abnormal vaginal bleeding and genital infection)
- Varicose veins
- Digestive health
- Hormone management including the menopause, pre-menstrual stress, osteoporosis and other hormone disorders
- Contraception evaluation and management
- Cosmetic gynaecology (labial reduction and vaginal tightening)
- Management and treatment of pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Novasure®, a minimally invasive treatment to reduce or eliminate excessive menstrual bleeding
- Screening and treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Treatment of menstrual irregularities and menorrhagia (heavy periods)
- Treatment of urinary incontinence and bladder control problems
- Urodynamic evaluations
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Private GP Service
- Early Pregnancy Scanning - the early pregnancy scan is the first pregnancy scan that you can have and is not routinely available on the NHS. It is often done if you are not sure if you are pregnant or to provide reassurance in the very early stages of your pregnancy. It is particularly reassuring for women who have experienced problems in previous pregnancies such as miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy or recurrent early pregnancy loss. If you have had any bleeding or pain or any other symptoms then this scan will help confirm viability.
- Nutritional Medicine - whether you suffer from being overweight, struggle to gain weight or find that some foods make you feel ill, expert guidance in nutrition will help you to achieve better health. Our Registered Nutritionist will help to assess your eating patterns and identify areas that require attention to balance nutrition. You will discuss your goals and agree a long-lasting, healthy eating regime with advice on what changes to make such as the types of food eaten and the timing of snacks and meals.
- Health screening
- Cosmetic surgery
Gynaecology & women’s health Consultants
MD, MRCOG, LRCP, LMSSA, FRCOG
MA BMBCh (Hons, Oxon), MRCOG
MBChB, BSc, MD, MRCOG
BSc (Hons), MBBS, PhD, FRCOG, CCT
MRCOG (UK) 2002; FRCOG (UK) 2017
Specialty General Practice
MBChB, MRCGP, DRCOG, DFFP (DFSRH)
Specialty General Practice
How to book an appointment
If you would like to book a consultation please call us on 020 8341 4182 or fill in the form below.